Iroquois Coach Stinnett resigns

Any idea who will replace him? What is the process in the Louisville schools on hiring a coach?

That is a good question! Louisville now has 4 job openings - Moore, Western, Eastern, and Iroquois.

His assistant Bob Wade has had several coaching jobs. Not sure he will apply. The process is basically to just apply for the job. Open jobs have to be posted for at least two weeks in Jeff. Co. and they are usually required to interview at least 3 candidates. Most schools in Louisville like to hire teachers so they can get them in the building. I've heard that Ellis Myles is a candidate for the Eastern job.

His assistant Bob Wade has had several coaching jobs. Not sure he will apply. The process is basically to just apply for the job. Open jobs have to be posted for at least two weeks in Jeff. Co. and they are usually required to interview at least 3 candidates. Most schools in Louisville like to hire teachers so they can get them in the building. I've heard that Ellis Myles is a candidate for the Eastern job.

Do they "make jobs" for a coach, like some systems do?

Opinons of where the Iroquois job rates within the state. I personally think the Eastern job is a great job. I know Iroquois was very strong several years when Coach Just was there and has been very solid with Coach Stinnett.

That is a good question! Louisville now has 4 job openings - Moore, Western, Eastern, and Iroquois.

Those jobs can all be very good with the right person. Eastern has a ton of kids and is usually a top 25 club. The other three aren't a big in population but have had their moments.

Those jobs can all be very good with the right person. Eastern has a ton of kids and is usually a top 25 club. The other three aren't a big in population but have had their moments.

Moore had a great team this past year. How were their jv&freshman teams? Was their varsity young or mostly seniors?

Do they "make jobs" for a coach, like some systems do?

They can. There are a lot of ways principals can get a new coach in the building. As far as Moore, Coach Jones is good friends with Southern principal and former Male coach Bryce Hibbard. I personally think its a better setup at Moore where you have a middle school in your high school. Rumor has it that the AD ran both Larry Miller and Jones off. Jones was told that he should win the state title this year. Also, heard Moore basketball got no money from their LIT run and those schools that made the finals made some big money making it to finals(15K each).

They can. There are a lot of ways principals can get a new coach in the building. As far as Moore, Coach Jones is good friends with Southern principal and former Male coach Bryce Hibbard. I personally think its a better setup at Moore where you have a middle school in your high school. Rumor has it that the AD ran both Larry Miller and Jones off. Jones was told that he should win the state title this year. Also, heard Moore basketball got no money from their LIT run and those schools that made the finals made some big money making it to finals(15K each).

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

Goldie,

It is definitely different in Jefferson County than most school systems, I was contacted about one of the jobs and the only teaching jobs they could offer me was Math and Science. I am certified in PE and Health, which in Jefferson County the list for being a PE teacher can stretch from here to Clark County. So even though they were wanting me to coach and apply that could not even happen because of certification, where as some school systems will make you do ISS, homeschool, lunch duty etc, just to get the coach in the building this very rarely happens in Jefferson Co. Those 3 jobs are some of the better jobs in Jefferson but with some of the other schools getting all the middle school kids, I think those jobs will be harder to fill.

Goldie,

It is definitely different in Jefferson County than most school systems, I was contacted about one of the jobs and the only teaching jobs they could offer me was Math and Science. I am certified in PE and Health, which in Jefferson County the list for being a PE teacher can stretch from here to Clark County. So even though they were wanting me to coach and apply that could not even happen because of certification, where as some school systems will make you do ISS, homeschool, lunch duty etc, just to get the coach in the building this very rarely happens in Jefferson Co. Those 3 jobs are some of the better jobs in Jefferson but with some of the other schools getting all the middle school kids, I think those jobs will be harder to fill.

Thanks, this was the impression I had of the Louisville schools and how they had to deal with hiring coaches. Why I asked.