May 10, 201214 yr I completely interpretted it as saying that Calipari paid or his players. Pett said it wasn't, but I don't believe a word of it. He is obviously a hater.
May 10, 201214 yr I completely interpretted it as saying that Calipari paid or his players. That is how I took it. Though I guess you could also say it is to signify he got pay raise because he won a title?
May 10, 201214 yr That is how I took it. Though I guess you could also say it is to signify he got pay raise because he won a title? Pett claimed it had something to do with how much money the NCAA made off of it or something like that. Either way it sounded like total bull. I think he fully intended for it to be viewed the way you and I took it.
May 10, 201214 yr How did you interpret the $$ ? The only a rational person could interpret it given the theme of the cartoon. Afterall, they are supposed student athletes that supposedly go to school.
May 10, 201214 yr Author How did you? Considering the general theme of the cartoon, how should have it been interpreted? BTW, neither am I offended by the piece or find it particularly funny. The reactions are very entertaining, though. The cartoonist said it was not aimed at UK. It was to criticize the NCAA for how college basketball has become big business and how academics have been sacrificed.
May 11, 201214 yr Pett was just on with Matt Jones. When asked why he left out last year's FF trophy in his cartoon, he admitted that FACTS clutter arguments. This guy and his employer are a joke.Typical of a modern "journalist".
May 11, 201214 yr The cartoonist said it was not aimed at UK. It was to criticize the NCAA for how college basketball has become big business and how academics have been sacrificed. If that is true, then he did a very poor job of conveying it. To me, his explanation Sounds like he is copping out, instead of standing up for his work.
May 11, 201214 yr If that is true, then he did a very poor job of conveying it. To me, his explanation Sounds like he is copping out, instead of standing up for his work. I'm not buying the explaination. If you listen to the interview you can tell that he has an axe to grind with Calipari and it seems to be over the cancellation of the Indiana series. His beef isn't with the NCAA and he says so himself.
May 11, 201214 yr If that is true, then he did a very poor job of conveying it. To me, his explanation Sounds like he is copping out, instead of standing up for his work. My thoughts exactly. The entire cartoon is critical of Cal. To say one small piece is directed at the NCAA and not at Cal is pretty ridiculous. If its true, it goes back to my original point that its bad work overall.
May 11, 201214 yr Author I'm not buying the explaination. If you listen to the interview you can tell that he has an axe to grind with Calipari and it seems to be over the cancellation of the Indiana series. His beef isn't with the NCAA and he says so himself. I don't think he was lying. Why would he? He was already taking heat for his cartoon and manned up and came on to defend it. He wasn't trying to hide his disdain for UK basketball. Why would he pick this one item to cower from? Doesn't make sense.
May 11, 201214 yr I don't think he was lying. Why would he? He was already taking heat for his cartoon and manned up and came on to defend it. He wasn't trying to hide his disdain for UK basketball. Why would he pick this one item to cower from? Doesn't make sense. Well then he is just bad at what he does. On the other hand why is he taking shots at the NCAA? This was an obvious anti Cal/UK cartoon, why bring the NCAA into it? Doesn't make sense.
May 14, 201214 yr He has to be the absolute worst political cartoonist in the nation. For one thing his drawing skills are as weak as water, and he seldom says anything of importance. He's not witty either, like most of the nation's best cartoonist. I've never liked Pett since he was hired by the Herald-Leader. He sure is an odd ball in a state that shares very few of his views.
May 14, 201214 yr He has to be the absolute worst political cartoonist in the nation. For one thing his drawing skills are as weak as water, and he seldom says anything of importance. He's not witty either, like most of the nation's best cartoonist. I've never liked Pett since he was hired by the Herald-Leader. He sure is an odd ball in a state that shares very few of his views. Pulitzer Prize winner, one of the best in the business.
May 14, 201214 yr Author Well then he is just bad at what he does. On the other hand why is he taking shots at the NCAA? This was an obvious anti Cal/UK cartoon, why bring the NCAA into it? Doesn't make sense. He made it clear in his interview that he hates how the NCAA and its members have become money-focused.
May 15, 201214 yr Pulitzer Prize winner, one of the best in the business. Pulitzer Prize for drawing cartoons? Very much line being the worlds tallest midget. To tell you little awards mean, Obama won the The Noble Peace Prize.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.