Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LHL Calipari Cartoon

Featured Replies

The cartoon itself is not clever or funny but also not offensive. The fact that the local paper embraces this is beyond me. Hey, let's go try to offend all of our readers! Brilliant!!

 

You would think the hometown paper would embrace the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, you would think.

 

The part of this I find most amusing is that most people only saw the cartoon because it was posted on KSR.

 

Oh, they have capitalized on the championship as well. They want to take shots at UK and Cal but sure don't care to make a buck off of them.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK Media Relations should pull the HL's press pass and all access to UK Sports. I could careless if the cartoonist hates UK, but he shouldn't be allowed to use the HL as his stage.

Here's the bottom line, this is what journalism has become, it's sad really. If you listen to the clip this guy is a jealous elitist who is upset that bloggers, like Matt Jones, are eating his industry's lunch.

UK Media Relations should pull the HL's press pass and all access to UK Sports. I could careless if the cartoonist hates UK, but he shouldn't be allowed to use the HL as his stage.

 

I think its a dumb cartoon, but I don't agree. He and LHL have every right to publish it.

  • Author

I didn't think the cartoon was original or funny. However, it isn't the job of the local newspaper to carry the water for the school and it definitely isn't the job of the editorial staff.

 

So, it didn't stir me one way or the other but even if it had I'd argue "so what?"

 

To me it's no different than the editorial staff backing a political candidate.

I didn't think the cartoon was original or funny. However, it isn't the job of the local newspaper to carry the water for the school and it definitely isn't the job of the editorial staff.

 

So, it didn't stir me one way or the other but even if it had I'd argue "so what?"

 

To me it's no different than the editorial staff backing a political candidate.

 

It wasn't funny and they certainly have a right to publish what ever they want. Doesn't mean that it wasn't a really stupid business decision. My only problem with the cartoon is that it is inaccurate and misleading. Just like his "suppossed student athlete" comment.

UK sports and the Iraq war are similar. Well, methinks this guy has some deeper issues. I've turned this one off.

It is that elitist attitude that has led to major problems for newspapers such as this one. They are beginning people to take their paper, offering it for 11 cents a week.

It is that elitist attitude that has led to major problems for newspapers such as this one. They are beginning people to take their paper, offering it for 11 cents a week.

 

They couldn't pay me to take it and couldn't have for the past 10 years.

 

If you want another example of this clown's elitist attitude read the NY Times article about the cartoon. He basically says that most of the people threatening to cancel won't and those that do will renew once basketball season starts. He apparently doesn't get it. Most newspapers are cutting back due to declining subscriptions/revenue and he is daring people to cancel.

  • Author
It wasn't funny and they certainly have a right to publish what ever they want. Doesn't mean that it wasn't a really stupid business decision. My only problem with the cartoon is that it is inaccurate and misleading. Just like his "suppossed student athlete" comment.

 

You and Matt Jones are overstating the "business" angle.

  • Author
It is that elitist attitude that has led to major problems for newspapers such as this one. They are beginning people to take their paper, offering it for 11 cents a week.

 

Completely disagree. It's not the content of newspapers that are causing people to stop buying. It's the timing and the mode of delivery.

 

I heard the "11 cents per week" today. I need some proof of that one.

You and Matt Jones are overstating the "business" angle.

 

I 100% disagree. It's that mindset and lack of vision that is killing the print media. If they lose 1000 subscribers would be a financial blow. No overstating that.

  • Author
I 100% disagree. It's that mindset and lack of vision that is killing the print media. If they lose 1000 subscribers would be a financial blow. No overstating that.

 

ZERO and I mean ZEROOOOOO chance they lose 1000 subscribers. They wouldn't lose 1,000 if Pete Thamel drew the picture.

 

 

I'll be stunned if they lose 100.

ZERO and I mean ZEROOOOOO chance they lose 1000 subscribers. They wouldn't lose 1,000 if Pete Thamel drew the picture.

 

 

I'll be stunned if they lose 100.

 

Zero chance, really? The internet is a very powerful thing and this has spread like wildfire. However, you could be right because they may not have many more subscribers than that left.

Clyde, 1000 may be high but if your business is struggling any loss of revenue could be impactful.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.