Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LHL Calipari Cartoon

Featured Replies

I did laugh while listening today when Matt Jones took offense to being called "an arm of UK athletics." He scoffed at that. He absolutely is a shill for UK athletics and actually does UK a service by taking out hits on people like Pete Thamel . I'm not sure why he would be offended by that label. It's 100% true.

 

I would have to have "arm of UK" defined. I have heard Jones be very critical if UK on more than one occasion.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what many of you don't understand is that their are people who take the HL just for UK basketball coverage. When guys like Tipton and now this dude take cheap shots it turns people off in a big way. If you want to believe that this won't cost them subscribers then you are totally blind.

 

 

I personally stop looking at anything from the HL when Mark Story had his vendetta against Rich Brooks. He now of course looks stupid but I'm sure he never owned it.

I can't believe anyone would cancel a subscription over 1 cartoon.

 

This is just one of many reasons to cancel.

I did laugh while listening today when Matt Jones took offense to being called "an arm of UK athletics." He scoffed at that. He absolutely is a shill for UK athletics and actually does UK a service by taking out hits on people like Pete Thamel . I'm not sure why he would be offended by that label. It's 100% true.

 

I haven't heard the show yet, but listen to it every day via the podcast. I've heard him speak of this before & I took it to mean that he objects to the notion that he does the bidding of the UK Athletic Department--that they basically funnel to him what they want said & he then spreads it to the masses.

UK Media Relations should pull the HL's press pass and all access to UK Sports. I could careless if the cartoonist hates UK, but he shouldn't be allowed to use the HL as his stage.

 

Seriously?

I can't believe anyone would cancel a subscription over 1 cartoon.

 

Maybe it would be better to view it as the "straw that broke the camel's back" instead of just 1 cartoon. At least that's the vibe I've been getting.

1. so much for you people respecting free press, if you dont like it, well big wooo move on.

 

2. all of you people that are all outraged by this, stop, get your panties out of a wad, there are thousands upon thousands of more pressing issues that a simple cartoon about Coach Cal and the UK basketball team.

 

3. I give props to the HL for posting this in the paper. It shows that they actually promote free press for their writers and are able to publish a different side than what the "FAN BASE" may agree with.

1. so much for you people respecting free press, if you dont like it, well big wooo move on.

 

2. all of you people that are all outraged by this, stop, get your panties out of a wad, there are thousands upon thousands of more pressing issues that a simple cartoon about Coach Cal and the UK basketball team.

 

3. I give props to the HL for posting this in the paper. It shows that they actually promote free press for their writers and are able to publish a different side than what the "FAN BASE" may agree with.

 

As for "free press" I'm all for it. Just like I'm for freedom of speech. However, there is no such thing as freedom from the consequences of what you say or write. If you want to give props to the HL I for one encourage you to do so. By the same token if people are sick of their act and want to cancel then I support them also.

 

As for the "bigger issue" arguement that is tiresome. Of course there are bigger issues in the world, I feel certain most everyone knows that. So are you suggesting that only the big issue should matter. My question is what should we concern ourselves with? What fits the criteria for concern?

My question is what should we concern ourselves with? What fits the criteria for concern?

 

I come to BGP to get away from a lot of those types of concerns...unless I wonder over to the P&R forums, which I've been doing more lately.

WOW! Isn't the BBN so sensitive. Could it be because there may be some underlying truth in the cartoon?

WOW! Isn't the BBN so sensitive. Could it be because there may be some underlying truth in the cartoon?

 

It's absolutely true that Cal vacated his two final fours prior to coming to UK. It is partial true that he is responsible for the Indiana series ending. It is also very misleading that the clown cartoonist left out last years final four trophy and put dollar signs on the National Championship trophy.

 

Maybe the BBN is overly sensitive but who isn't these days but then again who isn't?

I come to BGP to get away from a lot of those types of concerns...unless I wonder over to the P&R forums, which I've been doing more lately.

 

And that's my point. To come on a message board and start this "there are more important issues" crap is old and tiresome. It's a message board for crying out loud.

  • Author
It's absolutely true that Cal vacated his two final fours prior to coming to UK. It is partial true that he is responsible for the Indiana series ending. It is also very misleading that the clown cartoonist left out last years final four trophy and put dollar signs on the National Championship trophy.

 

Maybe the BBN is overly sensitive but who isn't these days but then again who isn't?

 

How did you interpret the $$ ?

How did you interpret the $$ ?

How did you?

 

Considering the general theme of the cartoon, how should have it been interpreted?

 

BTW, neither am I offended by the piece or find it particularly funny. The reactions are very entertaining, though.

How did you interpret the $$ ?

 

How did you?

 

Considering the general theme of the cartoon, how should have it been interpreted?

 

BTW, neither am I offended by the piece or find it particularly funny. The reactions are very entertaining, though.

 

I completely interpretted it as saying that Calipari paid or his players.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.