Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LHL Calipari Cartoon

Featured Replies

He made it clear in his interview that he hates how the NCAA and its members havebecome money-focused.

 

Ever bought any swamp land in Florida, Clyde?

  • Replies 121
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Ever bought any swamp land in Florida, Clyde?

 

I fully realize it doesn't fit your narrative.

I fully realize it doesn't fit your narrative.

 

Has nothing to do with my anything. The guys entire theme, by his own admission, was to bash Cal for not scheduling Indiana. Why would he throw a jab at the NCAA? Really hard for me to believe and I actually would like to believe him because if that's the case the guy really sucks at what he does. Tallest midget award or not.

It's amazing how upset some guys get when someone pokes a little fun at Cal. My goodness, other coaches have been In cartoons and it's not been the end of the world. Life will go on in Lexington, Cal will be Cal and the LH will not go out of business. Heck, based on some of the previous posts, I thought they would be closed by now. Guess the cartoon didn't put them under.

It's amazing how upset some guys get when someone pokes a little fun at Cal. My goodness, other coaches have been In cartoons and it's not been the end of the world. Life will go on in Lexington, Cal will be Cal and the LH will not go out of business. Heck, based on some of the previous posts, I thought they would be closed by now. Guess the cartoon didn't put them under.

 

We will see about LHL. Not too sure they will be around for the long haul. Subscriptions are down to 11 cents per month.

He made it clear in his interview that he hates how the NCAA and its members have become money-focused.

 

Too bad he didn't make it clear in the cartoon.

 

IF that was his intent with the dollar signs, he did a poor job presenting it.

Pulitzer Prize for drawing cartoons? Very much line being the worlds tallest midget.

 

To tell you little awards mean, Obama won the The Noble Peace Prize.

 

All very prestigious, highly-respected awards, whether you like it or not.

We will see about LHL. Not too sure they will be around for the long haul. Subscriptions are down to 11 cents per month.

 

I'm not buying this number figure you're tossing around. Not even the smallest newspaper could afford to publish on that low a figure. I'd like to see something backing up that claim, because that sounds like some wacky figure you pulled off a blog or a radio talk show. The newspaper business may be hurting, but it's not hurting that bad. Plus, if you'll notice, the Herald-Leader and its parent company, McClatchy, have weathered the financial issues of recent years far better than many competitors, including the Gannett-owned Enquirer and C-J, both of which have experienced several rounds of layoffs and furloughs that the H-L hasn't gone through.

Pulitzer Prize winner, one of the best in the business.

 

I know he won a Pulitzer. It must have been a weak field of candidates that year. For Pett to win a Pulitzer would be similar to Steven Seagal winning a Best Acting Oscar.

I'm not buying this number figure you're tossing around. Not even the smallest newspaper could afford to publish on that low a figure. I'd like to see something backing up that claim, because that sounds like some wacky figure you pulled off a blog or a radio talk show. The newspaper business may be hurting, but it's not hurting that bad. Plus, if you'll notice, the Herald-Leader and its parent company, McClatchy, have weathered the financial issues of recent years far better than many competitors, including the Gannett-owned Enquirer and C-J, both of which have experienced several rounds of layoffs and furloughs that the H-L hasn't gone through.

 

Jones said he had a former subscriber come up to him a say that is what they called and offered him to come back. Supposedly people from his show were calling and requesting the same price. My post should have had a "rumor is" in front of it because I'm with you, I don't see how that is possible.

I don't care what side you are on, listen to his interview and you won't like him.

 

Why does Crean get zero blame? UK is chicken for not wanting a home and home but he isn't chicken for refusing to play them in Indianapolis??? Last I checked, that is pretty close to Indiana.

I don't care what side you are on, listen to his interview and you won't like him.

 

Why does Crean get zero blame? UK is chicken for not wanting a home and home but he isn't chicken for refusing to play them in Indianapolis??? Last I checked, that is pretty close to Indiana.

 

The blame should fall on both equally. Crean has for the most part, has not received any criticism from the national media.

All very prestigious, highly-respected awards, whether you like it or not.

 

I guess prestige, in this case, is in the eye of the beholder.

 

Just out of curiosity, if he is so good why is he applying his trade at the HL?

Jones said he had a former subscriber come up to him a say that is what they called and offered him to come back. Supposedly people from his show were calling and requesting the same price. My post should have had a "rumor is" in front of it because I'm with you, I don't see how that is possible.

 

I can see 11 cents a day.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.