Highlands 7 Lloyd 3

gamer31

Junior Gabe Schultz went the distance for the Birds on the mound. Senior Mitch Meyer led the way at the plate with 2 doubles. Freshman catcher Luke Hennigan also came up with a big AB in which he laid down a successful suicide squeeze to break the 3-3 tie.

Birds head to Bellevue tomorrow to take on the tigers.

Nice win for the Birds. Trailing 3-2 heading into the bottom of the 6th, Birds rallied for 5 big runs. Hennigan's bunt plated 2 as he gave himself up with Jake Heck bearing down on him from 3rd and picked the ball off his shoe tops with the bat to get it down in fair territory. Junior Lester, running from 2nd on the suicide, made a heads up base running choice by carrying his momentum around 3rd and barely breaking stride to head home when the Lloyd player went to 1st to get Hennigan.

Schultz pitched very well. Lots of movement on the ball. When he zeroes in on the strike zone, he is tough to hit.

On the JV side, I heard the Birds had a convincing win against Lloyd with Soph Vermeil pitching well. If anyone can provide details, please do so either here or in a separate thread.

Junior Gabe Schultz went the distance for the Birds on the mound. Senior Mitch Meyer led the way at the plate with 2 doubles. Freshman catcher Luke Hennigan also came up with a big AB in which he laid down a successful suicide squeeze to break the 3-3 tie.

Birds head to Bellevue tomorrow to take on the tigers.

Now that's baseball. Nice win birds.

Nice win for the Birds. Trailing 3-2 heading into the bottom of the 6th, Birds rallied for 5 big runs. Hennigan's bunt plated 2 as he gave himself up with Jake Heck bearing down on him from 3rd and picked the ball off his shoe tops with the bat to get it down in fair territory. Junior Lester, running from 2nd on the suicide, made a heads up base running choice by carrying his momentum around 3rd and barely breaking stride to head home when the Lloyd player went to 1st to get Hennigan.

Schultz pitched very well. Lots of movement on the ball. When he zeroes in on the strike zone, he is tough to hit.

On the JV side, I heard the Birds had a convincing win against Lloyd with Soph Vermeil pitching well. If anyone can provide details, please do so either here or in a separate thread.

Any word when the soph Allen will be back to the diamond?

JV Birds jumped up early & never looked back. Vermeil pitched all five effectively, working ahead in the counts and bringing the hook for strikes, giving up 1 run on (I believe) 1 hit, 2 walks & a decent quantity of KO's (disclaimer - family connection). The boys continue to hit the ball well both early & late in the counts - Venneman (among others) with a couple nice shots - and were pretty solid in the field, with Blesser making a couple nice grabs getting the start at short.

JV Birds will get some good tests the rest of this week, going to SK today, and hosting NCC & Cov Cath Thurs & Fri. Keep it up boys!

JV Birds jumped up early & never looked back. Vermeil pitched all five effectively, working ahead in the counts and bringing the hook for strikes, giving up 1 run on (I believe) 1 hit, 2 walks & a decent quantity of KO's (disclaimer - family connection). The boys continue to hit the ball well both early & late in the counts - Venneman (among others) with a couple nice shots - and were pretty solid in the field, with Blesser making a couple nice grabs getting the start at short.

JV Birds will get some good tests the rest of this week, going to SK today, and hosting NCC & Cov Cath Thurs & Fri. Keep it up boys!

Who are some of the JV birds? I know that there has been some roster movement between the frosh and JV teams and was wondering why that takes place? I saw one day where Kenny Ball was catching a frosh game and then 2 days later throws a complete game against Dixie JV. Does he only pitch on the JV or does he play the field as well?

Who are some of the JV birds? I know that there has been some roster movement between the frosh and JV teams and was wondering why that takes place? I saw one day where Kenny Ball was catching a frosh game and then 2 days later throws a complete game against Dixie JV. Does he only pitch on the JV or does he play the field as well?

Quite a few kids have moved back & forth to varsity, and a few back & forth to frosh, but in no particular order, here are kids I'm aware of who have played jv this year: Vennenman, Gesenhues, Noe, Martin, Buten, Murray, Blesser, Tippenhauer, Ruehl, Ramey, Mills, Ball, Jones, Whitford, Hennigan (predominately varsity), Vermeil & Hergott. Sorry to any I've missed.