Highlands 2012

Ram

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There busy eating cake! :D
No, they're all wore out from posting in the already existing, but mush less official HHS pre-season thread for the last four and a half months that have passed since "five minutes after the state finals." :cool:

No, they're all wore out from posting in the already existing, but mush less official HHS pre-season thread for the last four and a half months that have passed since "five minutes after the state finals." :cool:

That is pretty funny.

How many starters return for Highlands?

On O, you have four o linemen that either started all the time or started part of the time/got significant playing time (for the first time in a long time, there was a heavy rotation done on the o line); two RBs that either started all the time or started part of the time/got significant playing time; 3 WRs that started all of the time or started part of the time/got significant playing time. Really it's only at the QB and TE spots that the starters this year did not get significant playing time last year. Having followed McCoy over the years (and particularly in last year's Elder game) I'm not worried about the QB position (as odd as that seems when we are talking about replacing Towles). Several very talented players competing for the TE spot, but none of them have proven themselves yet on the varsity level that I can recall.

Defensively, we have two d linemen that either started part time and got significant playing time. At LB, I can think of one returning that got significant playing time. Someone will have to help me out on that position if there are others. In the defensive secondary, there are two that either started all of the time or part of the time/got significant playing time.

Lost a lot of seniors but with the heavy rotation used by Highlands, they always have a lot of high quality players returning with experience.

Birds are reloading for sure. Apparently the other nite at the Football meeting Dale used words like "awesome, phenomenal, champs, state, national" all either together in the same sentence not in any particular order and or at some point in time. :thumb:

Highlands will create lots of issues this yr as they will be as balanced as a whole as ever before.

Oh yeah, has anyone mentioned that the JV will be joining the GCL South?

Birds are reloading for sure. Apparently the other nite at the Football meeting Dale used words like "awesome, phenomenal, champs, state, national" all either together in the same sentence not in any particular order and or at some point in time. :thumb:

Highlands will create lots of issues this yr as they will be as balanced as a whole as ever before.

Really????

Edited by Birdsfan

That will be interesting. I don't know who makes up the GCL South, but Highlands will almost surely be fighting a big uphill battle on numbers there. But I think it is great that the Birds are making that move. Dale keeps raising the bar and the thing about that is dedicated kids will step up to the challenge.

That will be interesting. I don't know who makes up the GCL South, but Highlands will almost surely be fighting a big uphill battle on numbers there. But I think it is great that the Birds are making that move. Dale keeps raising the bar and the thing about that is dedicated kids will step up to the challenge.

I believe it is Moeller, St. Xavier, LaSalle, and Elder.

It was my understanding that the JV schedule was not completed yet, so perhaps they will have all 4 of them on the schedule. It has been indicated that the JV and Varsity will have 90+ players on the roster this year and approximately 40 frosh. Absolutely incredible number given the overall size of the school. Dale has certainly continued to raise the bar each year and the kids, parents and community have bought in 100%

Birds will once again be loaded this coming season. The jr to be class is absolutely loaded and the baby Birds have some talent as well.

Did I mention the Sr class led by Christon, Collinsworth, McCoy, Seidl, Streeter, and Turner is pretty good too?

I said it two years ago...if the Birds don't win 7 in a row, I will be surprised. (This is assuming they stay healthy) Highlands is in the middle of a very special run that will be looked back on as one of the greatest dynasties ever in state history. (T is right there as well)

Before the HHS faithful start sand-bagging, I know my expectations are very high but having followed these kids since middle school, I know what they can accomplish.