Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shabazz Muhammad to UCLA

Featured Replies

Tool. 100%.

 

Moron Blue fan who acts like he's 12.

 

Jones??? :D

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not surprised yet I'm still embarrassed as a UK fan as to how too many will bang on a kid for making a life decision. Sad.

 

Matt Jones right-hand man even got on Twitter and told people to stop following the kid. Embarrassing.

I thought that was pretty petty.

I read Shabazz hasn't signed his LOI yet. Any chance he pulls a T.J.? :)

I read Shabazz hasn't signed his LOI yet. Any chance he pulls a T.J.? :)

 

Twitter would have to fire up some more servers.

I read Shabazz hasn't signed his LOI yet. Any chance he pulls a T.J.? :)

 

I'm telling you the kid looked less that enthused.

I read Shabazz hasn't signed his LOI yet. Any chance he pulls a T.J.? :)

I was gonna say the same thing...

I thought his interview was pretty good for an 18yr old on national tv. I actually like him a lot more after listening to him. Of course most of these kids look nervous, its there first time speaking in front of millions of people.

I've read the stories. I've heard the stories.

 

I still do not understand how shoe companies influence a kid's decision.

 

Same here. I don't follow basketball as intensely as others, so I'm curious how this works.

I do not follow recruits on Twitter until the announce they are coming to UK, so you better believe that I started following Noel last night.

 

I'm bummed we missed Shabazz, but I'm also bummed that I'm really not going to get to see this talented kid play much at all next year.

I'm not surprised yet I'm still embarrassed as a UK fan as to how too many will bang on a kid for making a life decision. Sad.

 

Matt Jones right-hand man even got on Twitter and told people to stop following the kid. Embarrassing.

 

I saw that as well, pretty ridiculous.

I'm not surprised yet I'm still embarrassed as a UK fan as to how too many will bang on a kid for making a life decision. Sad.

 

Matt Jones right-hand man even got on Twitter and told people to stop following the kid. Embarrassing.

 

There were plenty of Duke fans who were equally as embarrassing.

I've read the stories. I've heard the stories.

 

I still do not understand how shoe companies influence a kid's decision.

 

Same here. I don't follow basketball as intensely as others, so I'm curious how this works.

 

I'm with you guys.

 

 

Is there anyone who can explain how all of the shoe talk ties into a recruits decision? Is there more to it than just liking the shoes? I love Nike's but it wouldn't stop me from going to a school I liked that wears Adidas.

What about his Dad wanting him to play closer to his Las Vegas home?

 

IMO I think its best Shabazz stay out west where he can control his coach and jack up 25 shots a game. I didnt think he would fit in with Cal to be honest. Noel and Goodwin sound like great team players who are about winning championships.

 

Shabazz is a very talented player and will be a great NBA player, reminds me a lot of Terrance Jones but smoother.

  • Author
I'm with you guys.

 

 

Is there anyone who can explain how all of the shoe talk ties into a recruits decision? Is there more to it than just liking the shoes? I love Nike's but it wouldn't stop me from going to a school I liked that wears Adidas.

 

 

$$$$$

Let's just say Nike and adidas don't invest millions into grassroots basketball simply to help grow the sport. They are looking to build early relationships with future stars that lead to having said stars in their stable when they make it big in the NBA.

 

The AAU level is where these relationships start and are contued at the college level at schools wearing that brand. If they can keep a kid on their "team" through that the chances of them sticking to them in the NBA go way up.

 

Simple answer is to follow the $$$$$.....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.