Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shabazz Muhammad to UCLA

Featured Replies

Official.....

 

 

In other news, water is wet.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to the young man in college, and beyond. Is the kid always that serious? He didn't smile or anything after making his decision. Was it his decision, or did Adidas make it for him? :D

Adidas was a BIG part.

 

Good Luck on the Left Coast.

I do find it funny this is a huge deal this year because it finally worked for adidas on a top kid. Nike has dominated this tactic for years...

I do find it funny this is a huge deal this year because it finally worked for adidas on a top kid. Nike has dominated this tactic for years...
I don't think anyone really knew this went on before now. That's why a big deal has been made about it.

I've read the stories. I've heard the stories.

 

I still do not understand how shoe companies influence a kid's decision.

I don't think anyone really knew this went on before now. That's why a big deal has been made about it.

 

Shoe company influence has been going on for decades.

Shoe company influence has been going on for decades.
I understand that. Just don't think a lot of people realized they might for lack of a better term "blackmail" a kid...

Maybe he does actually feel UCLA is the best fit for him...not sure why he would think that but maybe he does.

 

BTW UK beat 4 straight ADIDAS schools to win the title this year; IU, Baylor, UL and KU.

BTW UK beat 4 straight ADIDAS schools to win the title this year; IU, Baylor, UL and KU.

 

Might have just a little to do with Nike having most of the elite talent in recent years, and being a factor in some of those elite kids picking UK with some push from the mother ship. Davis, MKG, Teague, Lamb and Jones were all high profile Nike kids...

Well now the NCAA knows which school to contact.

I thought he looked miserable during the interview. Maybe he is just uncomfortable in front of the camera. He did have some interesting quotes:

 

"it was a challenge considering how bad they were these last couple of years"

 

"Hopefully we can sell out Pauley"

I understand that. Just don't think a lot of people realized they might for lack of a better term "blackmail" a kid...

 

This is what I've thought too.

See ya on National TV at the draft..

This is what I've thought too.

 

Nike has had such a stranglehold on things that nothing has ever got to this point. Bazz has clearly been the main adidas guy for 2 plus years and they invested a ton into making him their guy. Stakes were just much different this time...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.