Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shabazz Muhammad to UCLA

Featured Replies

I am sure any followers were doing so to gauge his intent in choosing a college. I highly doubt all 4000 he lost were Kentucky fans. I would think he's likely not worried about that stat in the overall scheme of things.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I unfollowed Bazz. Only high school/college kids I follow are UK players or recruits (some break news on Twitter now days), so when a recruit goes elsewhere, I unfollow. I would never in a million years consider sending them any messages "bashing" their decision though, that's just stupid.

 

I unfollowed him the night before & not because of any ill-will. He's a talented kid who can go wherever he wants. But my only reason for following him was because he was a UK recruit. Wanted to see what he said about the process.

 

I fail to grasp how unfollowing someone you don't know on Twitter is a big deal...

 

I am sure any followers were doing so to gauge his intent in choosing a college. I highly doubt all 4000 he lost were Kentucky fans. I would think he's likely not worried about that stat in the overall scheme of things.

 

:thumb: to both of these comments.

I'm old. I don't get following high school kids on Twitter. Heck, as some know I'm close to kid going through some major recruiting and I don't follow HIM on Twitter.

 

I don't care about his girls, his math homework, his new fave song, his comments about a school.

 

That's me. I don't get it but I don't judge anyone who does follow those kids.

 

We ALL agree that bashing a kid is simply wrong.

I'm old. I don't get following high school kids on Twitter. Heck, as some know I'm close to kid going through some major recruiting and I don't follow HIM on Twitter.

 

I don't care about his girls, his math homework, his new fave song, his comments about a school.

 

That's me. I don't get it but I don't judge anyone who does follow those kids.

 

We ALL agree that bashing a kid is simply wrong.

I'm not old and I don't get following HS kids on Twitter either.

I'll follow anyone who interests me. Their age and school affiliation means little to me. I've had some good conversations with high school kids. Some even prove to be more mature than some adults I know.

I don't know why but I really don't follow recruits until they announce they are coming to the school I cheer for (e.g. I started following Noel last night). I had a buddy who tried to get me to follow Shabazz a few weeks ago to send him things about coming to UK. I declined because if I was Shabazz I wouldn't want all that extra crap from fake people begging me to play for their favorite team.

I'll follow anyone who interests me.

 

I have a two-fold rule for people I follow on Twitter. You either have to #1- Entertain me (make me laugh) or #2- Inform me on something I care about. I couldn't care less about who follows me. I'm there to be entertained & informed.

 

Don't you think Adidas and Nike also grease the palms of some these kids parents??

 

OSU is a NIKE school. A few weeks ago, Satch was shown on the tv during a game. He was sporting a really nice Adidas garment. Wonder what shoe company his son will sign with?

 

I think shoe companies should be banned from having affiliations of any type with AAU teams.

I have a two-fold rule for people I follow on Twitter. You either have to #1- Entertain me (make me laugh) or #2- Inform me on something I care about. I couldn't care less about who follows me. I'm there to be entertained & informed.

 

My use of twitter is very similar.

Similar to Jeff Teague getting a big Nike deal while burried on the Hawks bench. Business is business...

 

Teague has been playing a lot lately GT.

Teague has been playing a lot lately GT.

I know. At the time this went down he was averaging about 2 ppg...

I know. At the time this went down he was averaging about 2 ppg...

Oh okay. I don't really follow the NBA, but saw where he had put up some good #'s lately.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.