Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 67 Kansas 59 (KENTUCKY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS)

Featured Replies

Cal pretty much played this game exactly the same way he played the Baylor game. In fact, I would say he took the air out of the ball even more versus Baylor. I would have liked to see the Cats stay aggressive and keep attacking on offense the first 10 minutes of the second half, but they have a title so if it works, don't knock it. And just to be clear, ad $$$ had nothing to do with how the game was played.

 

I hear you clear there VOR, I just don't know how you personally know with so much certainty. It was just a hunch or a feeling with me, but since you emphatically know for sure I feel so much more secure now with ignoring my suspicions and just follow your lead since you are undoubtedly in the know. How blessed we are here to get contribution from such an insider.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hear you clear there VOR, I just don't know how you personally know with so much certainty. It was just a hunch or a feeling with me, but since you emphatically know for sure I feel so much more secure now with ignoring my suspicions and just follow your lead since you are undoubtedly in the know. How blessed we are here to get contribution from such an insider.

 

The only conspiracy I could see was the referees on fifty/fifty calls. How many went UK's way? How many times did Wythe lower his shoulder to create room on Anthony Davis. What about Dieng flopping every time that he got breathed on, yet the calls went his way. I did question the refereeing in this tournament.

Coach Cal over the last 5 years 173-20. That is simply amazing to me. He is also the only coach to..........

 

-Make the Sweet 16 the last 5 years.

-3 Final Fours over the last 5 years.

 

Also been to 4 Elite Eights over the last 5 years.

 

He is on some kind of roll. HOF, here he comes.

Not many times you could to be in attendance for something like this. What an amazing atmosphere!

 

By the time I hit up all the vendors they were sold out of the shirt they were wearing. The wife and I are ordering today.

I really am at such a mix of emotions right now and was last night. I was so happy to watch this team win with some of my best friends from college and grade school, as well as with my mom, and some of my friends from more recent years. I'm so happy we final brought the title home. I've been a believer in Cal since the day they announced he was coming to Kentucky. I can't express how happy I am that he has one now. I love his honesty. I am so happy for Darius Miller to go through everything he did and come out on top. I'm happy that quality character guys like MKG and Davis are getting all the accolades that they deserve and left nothing on the table.

 

But at the same time...I can't help but have this bittesweet feeling in the gut of my stomach. I'm really going to miss this team. We had something special UK fans. The way these guys played together, as a team. You've heard Calipari talk about it last night and this morning. We were blessed to have them and I will never forget them. My favorite team by far. If anyone hears of any type of DVD boxset or something like that captures the whole season here in a few weeks, please PM me.

 

I felt as I do after every big game involving a team I love. While Mrs. S was dancing around, I took a deep breath of satisfaction and it was over for me. Done. On to the next game, in this case the start of football season. However, I can't wait for next year. :thumb:

 

GBB

I've been trolling and just reading on a Kansas board and it amazes me how many of the Jayhawk fans believe the "key" play was just their faul.

 

Citing the Elijah Johnson "walking" infraction a poster summed up what others were saying this way:

 

"I'm convinced Kansas beats Kentucky if Elijah didn't leave his feet before pulling the ball back for his dis-allowed 3."

 

Correct me if my memory is faulty here but could it be that had he shot the three it would have hit a flying Davis in the chest? It wasn't some referee magic that cost them, it was defense by UK.

 

Give me a break on that one.

^ Yeah Davis would have caught that with his teeth. I guess they are saying if it was just a pump fake and Davis went by.

Been proudly wearing my new Kentucky Championship gear as I have traveled throught Ky and Tennessee this week.

Well I was down in Lexington for the game and spent some time down there after that. Finally getting on here to post, and I love it!!

 

I was saying in early January that this team was not my favorite coach Cal team at the time, because they didn't play well together yet. They were winning on sure talent alone. I mentioned how fun it would be though if they started to play like a team, and they did that starting around mid January or so, and boy was it was fun to see! Definitely my favorite coach Cal team so far. It's amazing how honestly the John Wall teams ranks third to me now on Coach Cal's teams.

 

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

Just think what Kansas will do to the current UK team this year...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.