Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 67 Kansas 59 (KENTUCKY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS)

Featured Replies

Seeing comments that attempt to 2nd guess a guy who just coached a starting line up of 2 sophomores and 3 freshmen to a National Championship, lets me know BBN is there watching out for us. It's actually a comforting feeling. :D

  • Replies 130
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I get any brownie points at all for this in the prediction thread:

 

"I say:

 

UK 67

KU 59

 

Dickie V says:

 

UK 77

KU 70"

 

???

 

But for real...so happy our Cats brought it home.

Has there been any discussion around Kansas decision to play man? As ineffective as UK was from the 3 in the semis, I would have expected to see some zone. Of course holding UK to 67 is a pretty good result.

I really am at such a mix of emotions right now and was last night. I was so happy to watch this team win with some of my best friends from college and grade school, as well as with my mom, and some of my friends from more recent years. I'm so happy we final brought the title home. I've been a believer in Cal since the day they announced he was coming to Kentucky. I can't express how happy I am that he has one now. I love his honesty. I am so happy for Darius Miller to go through everything he did and come out on top. I'm happy that quality character guys like MKG and Davis are getting all the accolades that they deserve and left nothing on the table.

 

But at the same time...I can't help but have this bittesweet feeling in the gut of my stomach. I'm really going to miss this team. We had something special UK fans. The way these guys played together, as a team. You've heard Calipari talk about it last night and this morning. We were blessed to have them and I will never forget them. My favorite team by far. If anyone hears of any type of DVD boxset or something like that captures the whole season here in a few weeks, please PM me.

Has there been any discussion around Kansas decision to play man? As ineffective as UK was from the 3 in the semis, I would have expected to see some zone. Of course holding UK to 67 is a pretty good result.

 

 

I can't remember the exact number, but UK shot something like 27% in the second half and 41% for the game. Hard to second guess Kansas for anything they did on defense.

 

I believe Kansas shot around 33% for the game, so it is pretty clear that defense won this championship for UK.

Congrats to the Cats! Definitely the best team in college hoops this year.

 

With that said, and taking nothing away from their excellent season and their 8th championship victory, is it just me or did the 2nd half feel oddly controlled by the network and its advertisers? Did someone pressure Cal (or pay him) to let Kansas back into the game making sure folks didn't turn their TV's off too early to go to bed? I couldn't quite figure who might've been in on the plan, the coach(es) and players, or just the coach(es)? After a nicely run tournament, something about this game felt dramatically different as if the players were merely finishing out the game with no real heart or emotion. It felt like Kansas got back into the game all the while not really playing so fantastically to do so. Perhaps I'm all wet and the lack of heart vibe that I was picking up on was from players being annoyed by all of the TV time outs which certainly can effect their flow. Especially when a TV time out comes immediately following a regularly called time out. I don't know but when a game such as this is played out on such a large scale magnitude where $$$ is a big deal, I start to get suspicious and start feeling weird vibrations such as I did here. I did not feel this way at all until the championship game. Once I started to feel this way in the 2nd half, championship victory or not, the plastic vibe that I was getting dramatically soured my excitement in the Cat's victory. I really like my sports teams to win in honest true fashion and not in some fixed manor controlled by $$$.

 

Cal pretty much played this game exactly the same way he played the Baylor game. In fact, I would say he took the air out of the ball even more versus Baylor. I would have liked to see the Cats stay aggressive and keep attacking on offense the first 10 minutes of the second half, but they have a title so if it works, don't knock it. And just to be clear, ad $$$ had nothing to do with how the game was played.

Where's the best place in NKY to get championship gear?

 

Kentucky Korner in the Mall is getting Nike shipments in the morning.

 

I like the Kentucky Shoppe on Mall Road, but I don't think they carry any Nike stuff.

 

I'll prolly be heading to LEX on Friday to watch the Bat Cats and shop then.

 

Went to Florence Mall this morning & got a couple shirts at Kentucky Korner. The place was more crowded than I've ever seen it--Christmas time included. $25 a shirt for the gray ones, which I think are the best. There's also the store almost directly below Kentucky Korner (Cardboard Heroes?) that has some. Also one of those little kiosks near the Food Court that has the NO1Greater shirts that are blue.

I bought a blue long sleeved online from the Kentucky shop that Cal tweeted about...can't wait for it to get here!

I can't remember the exact number, but UK shot something like 27% in the second half and 41% for the game. Hard to second guess Kansas for anything they did on defense.

 

I believe Kansas shot around 33% for the game, so it is pretty clear that defense won this championship for UK.

 

Oh I agree. There was some talk about KU coming with some chicanery D, such as a triangle and 2. That would have been interesting.

Oh I agree. There was some talk about KU coming with some chicanery D, such as a triangle and 2. That would have been interesting.

 

Yeah, but who do you put the "2" on? You can't leave Davis, so I guess that's one. But who do you pick from the remaining 4 guys? That was the fantastic thing about this team. You couldn't single out any one player to shut down. If you did, there were 4 other guys on the floor capable of a 20+ point night.

Props to CBS for using the Luther version of "One Shining Moment."

 

WHERE IS HELMET GUY!!??

I bought the shirt they were wearing right after the game, and will probably order a couple more tonight.

 

I really like the hats too, but I hate that they're not fitted. :madman:

Jones ankle twist hurt me, i thought OH NO, I seen were he was limping at the return home in Rupp he was limping some.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.