March 24, 201214 yr Blowout! Cats were pretty much in control the 2nd half, but I'm sure Indiana game Kentucky a lot better game than most on here expected. Didn't get to see the Baylor game, and really haven't watched them this year, so honestly don't know what to think about Sunday's game.
March 24, 201214 yr Indiana played a great game but I didn't think that they could keep up with Kentucky playing at that pace. I was correct but they hung in a lot longer than I thought they would in that kind of game.
March 24, 201214 yr Cats were pretty much in control the 2nd half, but I'm sure Indiana game Kentucky a lot better game than most on here expected. Didn't get to see the Baylor game, and really haven't watched them this year, so honestly don't know what to think about Sunday's game. Yeah, I was just stirring that pot. Sunday's game should be interesting. Have to shutdown Hayslip (sp?).
March 24, 201214 yr Indiana shot 52.2% for the game. Won't see that too often against Cal's UK teams. Only 5/18 from three though. Couldn't duplicate that 60% miracle they threw up in the first game.
March 24, 201214 yr Defensively needs to be a lot better, didn't guard off the dribble very well or handle screens like we usually do.
March 24, 201214 yr I, as well as many others felt that they would win some where in the 12-15 point range. Well we were right. LRCW I don't usually call people out but you said a lot of people were acting like it would be a blow out and many said no, BUT they would still win by that amount. It certainly wasn't a blowout and they did win by that amount.
March 24, 201214 yr Spindoc told me the Cats would win by 12 earlier in the day. He was right on the money. Well, my "stupid" prediction was off by 3. I can live with that and will sleep well
March 24, 201214 yr Just too bad the officials allowed UK to parade to the line 37 times. BGP would have melted down if IU had 37 attempts. :sssh: Seriously though. Great game, and one of the best all season across the board. UK was fantastic and IU made it a battle for 40 minutes... you got that right 35 for 37 is pretty unheard of right ? 94594594594594594594594594594595% freethrow shooting
March 24, 201214 yr If you had told me before the game that IU would score 90 points... Like I was telling my buddy in the first minutes of the game UK needed to settle down, they never did. This was IMO an emotional game. UK had the better talent and wanted it bad but it's hard to say much of any thing poorly about IU. They played their tails off. Edited March 24, 201214 yr by sportsfan41
March 24, 201214 yr ike I was telling my buddy in the first minutes of the game UK needed to settled down, they never did. This was IMO an emotional game. UK had the better talent and wanted it bad but it's hard to say much of any thing poorly about IU. They played their tails off. Yep
March 24, 201214 yr Just went back and looked at the play by play and UK shot 14 Free Throws down the stretch from about the 2:30 mark so subtract that from the 37 to get 23 FT's up to that point. As a comparison, IU took 2 free throws during that stretch as well. IU was 13-17 from the FT Line. UK was 35-37. With the adjusted numbers to the fouling down the stretch... IU was 11-15 Kentucky was 21-23. So 8 free throws was the difference in the ball game. I only post this as I've been going through the countless forums on the internet and there are plenty of people complaining about the free throws. Definitely puts perspective on the freebies each team had for the game before all the fouling started.
March 24, 201214 yr Just went back and looked at the play by play and UK shot 14 Free Throws down the stretch from about the 2:30 mark so subtract that from the 37 to get 23 FT's up to that point. As a comparison, IU took 2 free throws during that stretch as well. IU was 13-17 from the FT Line. UK was 35-37. With the adjusted numbers to the fouling down the stretch... IU was 11-15 Kentucky was 21-23. So 8 free throws was the difference in the ball game. I only post this as I've been going through the countless forums on the internet and there are plenty of people complaining about the free throws. Definitely puts perspective on the freebies each team had for the game before all the fouling started. Thanks for the info....great point.
March 24, 201214 yr UK is the first game at 2:20. Jay Bilas just said Kentucky is better than he thought they were and he thought they were the best team anyway. I think IU had two choices slow down and zone or man up and play a track meet. Kentucky said you want a track meet, you got one, we'll beat you either way. Whether they win 60 - 54 or 102-90, a win is a win, does not matter how they do it. This game does show what a difference Davis makes in the game as he turned IU from a 3 point shooting team to a dribble drive. I would say I was nervous for a bit, but NEVER doubted they would win.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.