Bengals Draft Predictions 2019

My official predictions: Devin Bush in Round 1. Then at some point I think we take Will Grier.

I agree on Bush. However, I have seen recent mock drafts that show both Bush and Devin White available at the Bengals pick. If White is still there, they have to get him. Most of the early mock drafts had White going in the top 10.

I think Grier is a mistake. I am ok with a QB in round 2 but not Grier. If one of the top QB's is still there late in round 1, I would use an extra pick to trade up to get a true possible starter. I don't think Grier will ever be a starter in the NFL.

I agree on Bush. However, I have seen recent mock drafts that show both Bush and Devin White available at the Bengals pick. If White is still there, they have to get him. Most of the early mock drafts had White going in the top 10.

I think Grier is a mistake. I am ok with a QB in round 2 but not Grier. If one of the top QB's is still there late in round 1, I would use an extra pick to trade up to get a true possible starter. I don't think Grier will ever be a starter in the NFL.

I agree with both of these. Of the two, White is definitely the preferred target. I just personally see him off the board when the Bengals pick. I also don’t think Will Grier will ever be a starter in the NFL. I do think the Bengals take a QB sometime in the first 3 rounds and it seems to me that he is likely to be that choice.

My dream scenario actually just happened on a cbs sports live mock draft they did two days ago. There they had the Bengals trade their second round pick this year and a 2020 5th round pick for Josh Rosen. Then they had the Bengals make a trade with the Raiders. The Bengals gave the Raiders their 11th pick, and the Raiders gave them the 27th and 35th overall picks. Which the Bengals used the 27th pick on OL Cody Ford. So basically the Bengals got a young talented franchise QB in Rosen, and a OL without really giving up anything. Plus actually moved up 6 picks in the second. While they may not have got one of the top 2 linebackers in this scenario. This would be a dream scenario imo.

With that said it most likely is only a dream because that would mean the Bengals we would have to be aggressive and they never shown that in the draft.

So what I think happens is they draft one of the two linebackers if one is there. I could see a small chance they take Haskins if he slips and White is not available at linebacker.

I agree with both of these. Of the two, White is definitely the preferred target. I just personally see him off the board when the Bengals pick. I also don’t think Will Grier will ever be a starter in the NFL. I do think the Bengals take a QB sometime in the first 3 rounds and it seems to me that he is likely to be that choice.

If they take a qb in the middle rounds. I think Finley is who they should get.

I have seen some predictions the Bengals draft a QB with their first pick. I don't see that nor do I want that. At #1 they need to get one of the LB's, one of the Devins. Some mock drafts are now showing both available at the Bengals pick. That would be fantastic.

Unless we think the Bengals could win a super bowl this year, then yes addressing the need at linebacker is more important if we feel they can be a super bowl contender this year. If we don't feel like the Bengals can win a super bowl this year. Then getting a qb who could be a talented young franchise qb type that can help get them to the Super Bowl maybe not this year but 2 or 3 years from now, then it's worth it. So if they truly feel their is a qb sitting that at 11 that could be a true franchise changing qb, then I see no problem with it. It all depends how they truly feel about some of these qbs coming out. I don't think many felt that Patrick Mahomes would be what he is, and that is why he was the 11th pick and not a type 5 pick.

My dream scenario actually just happened on a cbs sports live mock draft they did two days ago. There they had the Bengals trade their second round pick this year and a 2020 5th round pick for Josh Rosen. Then they had the Bengals make a trade with the Raiders. The Bengals gave the Raiders their 11th pick, and the Raiders gave them the 27th and 35th overall picks. Which the Bengals used the 27th pick on OL Cody Ford. So basically the Bengals got a young talented franchise QB in Rosen, and a OL without really giving up anything. Plus actually moved up 6 picks in the second. While they may not have got one of the top 2 linebackers in this scenario. This would be a dream scenario imo.

With that said it most likely is only a dream because that would mean the Bengals we would have to be aggressive and they never shown that in the draft.

So what I think happens is they draft one of the two linebackers if one is there. I could see a small chance they take Haskins if he slips and White is not available at linebacker.

I think all of that is very plausible. I would not be surprised at all to see the Bengals trade the second round pick for Rosen. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them trade the 2nd round pick and a later pick and move up into the end of the 1st round if there is a quarterback they are they like.

Unless we think the Bengals could win a super bowl this year, then yes addressing the need at linebacker is more important if we feel they can be a super bowl contender this year. If we don't feel like the Bengals can win a super bowl this year. Then getting a qb who could be a talented young franchise qb type that can help get them to the Super Bowl maybe not this year but 2 or 3 years from now, then it's worth it. So if they truly feel their is a qb sitting that at 11 that could be a true franchise changing qb, then I see no problem with it. It all depends how they truly feel about some of these qbs coming out. I don't think many felt that Patrick Mahomes would be what he is, and that is why he was the 11th pick and not a type 5 pick.

My counter to this is that a great middle linebacker is almost as crucial to winning as a great quarterback. You want to draft that great quarterback to make a Super Bowl. I say you might also need to draft that great middle linebacker to have a chance at the Super Bowl. That is not just this year but looking ahead just like you are looking ahead with the quarterback. If you think one of those 2 linebackers is the next great one, then go ahead and get him when you have the chance.

My counter to this is that a great middle linebacker is almost as crucial to winning as a great quarterback. You want to draft that great quarterback to make a Super Bowl. I say you might also need to draft that great middle linebacker to have a chance at the Super Bowl. That is not just this year but looking ahead just like you are looking ahead with the quarterback. If you think one of those 2 linebackers is the next great one, then go ahead and get him when you have the chance.

Fair enough.