Corbin - 2019 Schedule

I've heard rumors about some shake-ups on Coach Haddix's coaching staff this season. A coach or two heading to Pineville to join Randy Frazier, another coach accepting an administrative job with the school district. How are things looking for the Redhounds?

I’m pretty sure those rumors are true.

Have the hotel room booked.

Anything more on these rumors?

Tom Greer, who was the defensive coordinator for the Redhounds, will be leaving his position as the principal at the Corbin Educational Center and as a football coach for Corbin in order to accept a position at the central office for the Corbin Independent School District.

Assistants coaches Wayne Mills and Jody Mouser have also departed ways with the Corbin coaching staff. I'm pretty sure that Mills was a D-Line coach. I'm not sure about Mouser. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the same Wayne Mills who was the head coach at Knox Central, and then at Bell County, who was let go at Bell County after then 2015 season in the wake of earning KHSAA sanctions and a one game suspension for an illegal scrimmage against Taylor County in 2015, and then had to serve another one game suspension for apparently "mooning" a member of the Knox Central football staff - both incidents taking place during the 2015 football season. Wayne also has a son, Seth, who was a freshman QB/WR/S at Corbin last year. Seth saw some varsity playing time in 5 games during the 2018 season, and I'm not sure whether or not Seth will be staying at Corbin.

I've heard a couple variations on what went down with Mouser and Mills. One version was that Haddix canned them both, and the other was that Mouser was canned by Haddix and then Mills was let go at the request of a new D-coordinator hired by Haddix. No word on who the new D-coordinator may be. Regardless, it sounds like the Corbin defense is going to be worth keeping an eye on in 2019.

Also worth noting, apparently Corbin assistant coach Scott Russell has been making the rounds and applying for open head coaching positions in the state.

Tom Greer, who was the defensive coordinator for the Redhounds, will be leaving his position as the principal at the Corbin Educational Center and as a football coach for Corbin in order to accept a position at the central office for the Corbin Independent School District.

Assistants coaches Wayne Mills and Jody Mouser have also departed ways with the Corbin coaching staff. I'm pretty sure that Mills was a D-Line coach. I'm not sure about Mouser. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the same Wayne Mills who was the head coach at Knox Central, and then at Bell County, who was let go at Bell County after then 2015 season in the wake of earning KHSAA sanctions and a one game suspension for an illegal scrimmage against Taylor County in 2015, and then had to serve another one game suspension for apparently "mooning" a member of the Knox Central football staff - both incidents taking place during the 2015 football season. Wayne also has a son, Seth, who was a freshman QB/WR/S at Corbin last year. Seth saw some varsity playing time in 5 games during the 2018 season, and I'm not sure whether or not Seth will be staying at Corbin.

I've heard a couple variations on what went down with Mouser and Mills. One version was that Haddix canned them both, and the other was that Mouser was canned by Haddix and then Mills was let go at the request of a new D-coordinator hired by Haddix. No word on who the new D-coordinator may be. Regardless, it sounds like the Corbin defense is going to be worth keeping an eye on in 2019.

Also worth noting, apparently Corbin assistant coach Scott Russell has been making the rounds and applying for open head coaching positions in the state.

Without knowing anything about this situation, it all strikes me as a "too many cooks in the kitchen" kind of deal.

• 5 months later...