Oldham County - 2019 Schedule

Not bad for their first season in 6A.

Those are good scrimmages, and Manual and Fern Creek should be solid non-district games.

Actually, this isn't Oldham's first season in 6A. From 2011-2014, Oldham County competed in 6A.

And - as far as competing in the largest class - Oldham competed in Class 4A when there were only 4 classes for several years.

CM

Actually, this isn't Oldham's first season in 6A. From 2011-2014, Oldham County competed in 6A.

And - as far as competing in the largest class - Oldham competed in Class 4A when there were only 4 classes for several years.

CM

I'm aware of their 4A presence, I guess it skipped my mind of them being in 6A previously. What was their district in '11-'14?

After one of the best seasons in school history, coach Fox should have this team in shape for another great season (hopefully going pretty far in the playoffs). They lose alot of offenseive of fire power from the previous season in Jalen Moore (WR), Lucas Jones,(RB) Jacob Ratliff (WR) and Jackson dekard (WR) but Oldhams Class of 2020 is more then capable of coming to the table. The offense returns about 6 offense starters in Regan Ray (LT) Jakob Muntchler (RG) Joey Lay (LG) Parker Caudil (QB) Tyler Holvey (WR) and Carson Deckard (WR) but rumors have been floating around that Sam Young might take over as the QB and Parker will move to slot reciver to replace a position that needs some help. Also another rumor being said is Joey lay may move from the oline to a skill position since he is only around 170 lbs. For the new faces expect to see the likes of juan Tapia and Preston Dikes as the main running backs, Mason Rabbeith should take over for the center position and as of now the left guard and right tackle spot are up for grabs. Oldhams defense on the other hand should once agian be one of the best in the state. They do lose two starting linebackers in Brody Kelly and Jackson Deckard but throughout the year coach Fox and staff constantlly rotated the linebacker position and the younger guys are ready to step up when needed. The only two concerns in my mind is they lose cornerback Zach Ford. Cornerback being a position they struggled to find any consistancy with and had no true conerback backups, instead they would use reciver Jalen Moore. The bright side for the conerback position is the other conner Sam Young looked really good last year and he was only a freshman. The other concern about the defense is replaceing one of the best defensive lineman in the state in Devin Cancel. With his departure the D line might have to be a little more causious of who they put out there instead of just moving players around to different d line positions like they did last year for certain times. The defense last year had a lot of turn over and subsitions which means that there isnt really a clear picture on how many starters return but some familar faces are Preston Dikes (LB) Sam Young (CB) Dakota Mabe (LB) Regan Ray (DT) Koby Thomas (DT) Jacob Kehoe (NG) Blake Fox (DT) and Carson Dekard (CB). I belive that this team has the chance to be really really good but there going to have to get prepared for these bigger teams. I think theyll go 3-0 to start to the season and the next 4 games are all toss up but they should win out the rest of the way. I think they will go atleast 8-2 and then its back to 0-0 once playoff times start.

After one of the best seasons in school history, coach Fox should have this team in shape for another great season (hopefully going pretty far in the playoffs). They lose alot of offenseive of fire power from the previous season in Jalen Moore (WR), Lucas Jones,(RB) Jacob Ratliff (WR) and Jackson dekard (WR) but Oldhams Class of 2020 is more then capable of coming to the table. The offense returns about 6 offense starters in Regan Ray (LT) Jakob Muntchler (RG) Joey Lay (LG) Parker Caudil (QB) Tyler Holvey (WR) and Carson Deckard (WR) but rumors have been floating around that Sam Young might take over as the QB and Parker will move to slot reciver to replace a position that needs some help. Also another rumor being said is Joey lay may move from the oline to a skill position since he is only around 170 lbs. For the new faces expect to see the likes of juan Tapia and Preston Dikes as the main running backs, Mason Rabbeith should take over for the center position and as of now the left guard and right tackle spot are up for grabs. Oldhams defense on the other hand should once agian be one of the best in the state. They do lose two starting linebackers in Brody Kelly and Jackson Deckard but throughout the year coach Fox and staff constantlly rotated the linebacker position and the younger guys are ready to step up when needed. The only two concerns in my mind is they lose cornerback Zach Ford. Cornerback being a position they struggled to find any consistancy with and had no true conerback backups, instead they would use reciver Jalen Moore. The bright side for the conerback position is the other conner Sam Young looked really good last year and he was only a freshman. The other concern about the defense is replaceing one of the best defensive lineman in the state in Devin Cancel. With his departure the D line might have to be a little more causious of who they put out there instead of just moving players around to different d line positions like they did last year for certain times. The defense last year had a lot of turn over and subsitions which means that there isnt really a clear picture on how many starters return but some familar faces are Preston Dikes (LB) Sam Young (CB) Dakota Mabe (LB) Regan Ray (DT) Koby Thomas (DT) Jacob Kehoe (NG) Blake Fox (DT) and Carson Dekard (CB). I belive that this team has the chance to be really really good but there going to have to get prepared for these bigger teams. I think theyll go 3-0 to start to the season and the next 4 games are all toss up but they should win out the rest of the way. I think they will go atleast 8-2 and then its back to 0-0 once playoff times start.

Wow....that's a great post! Glad to have all the good info on Oldham County. Thanks again, FC!