Louisville Power Rankings 10/8

TheDeuce

1. 6A Male (8-0)

The Bulldogs traveled to Lexington last week looking to continue their winning ways, and did just that. Male defeated 6A Bryan Station 57-28. At first glance, it would seem as if Station had some success against the stingy Male defense, but the score was 57-8 at the break, and the majority of Station's points were scored on reserves. Male will host 6A Saint Xavier this week to determine the winner of the district.

2. 2A Christian Academy - Louisville (7-0)

They had to wait seven weeks, but CAL finally got the signature win they'd likely had circled since August, defeating their 2A rival DeSales 21-10 last Friday. Brandt Babin led the charge for the Centurions, rushing for 126 yards on 21 attempts and two scores. CAL will face 2A Shawnee this Friday.

3. 2A DeSales (6-1)

After squeaking out a win against 6A North Hardin the previous week, the Colts finally dropped their first game of the 2018 campaign, falling to their rival CAL 21-10 in front of a home crowd last Friday. While it means DeSales won't win the district, it is likely the two will meet again in the playoffs where they the Colts will look for revenge. This week, they take on 2A Washington County.

4. 6A Saint Xavier (5-2)

For the second straight week the Tiger defense had an impressive outing, and they have now won five in a row after defeating 6A Manual 25-7. Unfortunately for X, however, they may have once again lost their starting QB Keegan Sullivan to injury. The offense was sub-par at times earlier in the season when he was out, so this will be a concern moving forward. Next up, they travel over to Preston Highway where they will take on 6A top dog Male.

5. 6A Butler (6-2)

QB Chaz Burks had a nearly perfect game, throwing 11/14 for 208 yards and 4 TD's as the Bears dominated 6A Pleasure Ridge Park 59-6. Eric Jackson, Jalan Ward, and Malik Brooks all added a rushing touchdown each as Butler had their way with the Panther defense. Butler takes on 6A Eastern this week.

6. 5A South Oldham (6-1)

South kept rolling this week, making it six in a row on the year after handling 5A Bullitt East 49-7. The impressive part about this win? The Dragons attempted only five passes, completing just one of those. As a team, South rushed for 486 yards and all seven of their scores. They'll make the trip to Bullitt County for the second straight week as they take on 5A Bullitt Central this week.

7. 5A Oldham County (6-1)

The Colonels earned a hard fought road win last week, defeating 5A district foe Bullitt Central 38-33. Parker Caudill, Lucas Jones, Juan Tapia, and Jackson Deckard all scored for OC. This week, they'll face 5A Nelson County.

8. 6A Trinity (2-6)

The Rocks bounced back from a loss to their long-time rival in dominating fashion, disposing of 6A Eastern 45-0 last Thursday. We can probably expect a similar result this week, as Trinity will visit 6A Seneca on Friday.

9. 4A Moore (7-1)

For the first time in three weeks, the Moore defense gave up points, but it was merely a formality, as the Mustangs dominated 4A Western 42-14 last week. The defense was a big part in this victory, as both Dewayne Cameron and Jamari Wilson had fumble recoveries that they returned for touchdowns. Moore is off this week.

10. 6A North Hardin (5-3)

Coming off back to back losses, the Trojans rebounded last week defeating 6A Meade County 24-7. Lavell Wright rushed for 133 yards on 23 attempts and 2 TD's to lead the way for NH. The Trojans are off this week.

Trends

Up: CAL - We already knew CAL was one of the top teams in 2A, but this week they officially proved it by knocking off DeSales.

Down: No one.

Game of the Week: 6A Saint Xavier vs. 6A Male

Once again, the GOTW in the City of Louisville will likely be the biggest game in the entire state, as Male and Saint X face off this Friday. The winner will not only win the district, but more importantly get to play at home throughout the playoffs. Both teams are known for their defense, so we could be looking at a low-scoring affair. With X likely being down their starting QB, that will make their task even tougher against the relentless Bulldog defense.

Last Week's GOTW: 2A Christian Academy - Louisville 21, 2A DeSales 10

In a game that many had looked forward to all year, CAL took control of the district and bragging rights (for now, at least) handing DeSales their first loss of the year. While this game may change the conversation in 2A temporarily, these two teams will almost certainly meet again in the playoffs, when it really counts.

Player of the Week: RB JT Benson, South Oldham

7 rushes

220 yards

3 TD

I am still having a hard team accepting that any team from Oldham County is better than Trinity.

@TheDeuce can you help a brother out?

In every other year, you'd obviously be right. Trinity hasn't shown anything this year to prove they are better than either of the OC schools, especially with all the injuries after the WC game. Based on their performance so far in 2018, they don't just get the benefit of the doubt.

In every other year, you'd obviously be right. Trinity hasn't shown anything this year to prove they are better than either of the OC schools, and based on their performance so far in 2018, they don't just get the benefit of the doubt.

I hear you, but in my mind I go back to the Warren Central (IN) game and they were up 41 to 21 in the 2nd half (from memory, I think I have that right) against an excellent football team. Fast forward to today and the Shamrocks can't get the benefit of the doubt over Oldham County and South Oldham. Tough crowd! :)

I hear you, but in my mind I go back to the Warren Central (IN) game and they were up 41 to 21 in the 2nd half (from memory, I think I have that right) against an excellent football team. Fast forward to today and the Shamrocks can't get the benefit of the doubt over Oldham County and South Oldham. Tough crowd! :)

The Trinity team in the 2nd half of the WC game isn't the same Trinity team that's playing now. If it were, they'd likely not have six losses.

The Trinity team in the 2nd half of the WC game isn't the same Trinity team that's playing now. If it were, they'd likely not have six losses.

And the bigger question becomes will we ever see that Trinity team again in 2018?

Maybe. IMO they don't have to be that team to make a run, but the obviously have to be better.

I agree, if Trinity is 90% of the team they were against Warren Central (IN) I think they have a good shot at another state title.

I think Trinity would beat Oldham County 10 out of 10 times. Trinity will be getting a starting RB and WR receiver back by playoffs, so I’m definitely not counting them out. Secondary is only reason they may not win. Frederick Douglass might be worse matchup for them due to their passing game.

I'm sure after this week Trinity will move up to 4th because X will lose to Male and Trinity will win its 2nd game in a row, propelling them back to the top of 6A right below Male.

Do you have a specific problem with the ratings, or do you just hate Trinity?

why would you suggest that? I would think that after Male beats St. X and Trinity wins they will move up and X will move down?

Your post suggested that if Saint X loses and Trinity wins, Trinity would jump Saint X (and the other three teams currently ahead of them) in the rankings... Is that not what you meant?