BluegrassPreps Class 3A Football Rankings (10/8) Discussion

Ram

Class 3A

The drama came late in the two biggest games last week in Class 3A. Belfry seemed to have Cabell Midland buried and in the grave before letting the largest school in West Virginia fight back to make the margin closer than it should be with two very late scores. Lexington Catholic and Western Hills had a similar final margin, but this was a game that was back and forth until the end, with the Knights surviving. Belfry will step back to Kentucky competition with a chance to win another district title against Lawrence County. Lexington Catholic will challenge Boyle County in a much anticipated clash. Bell County kept their undefeated season and unwavering momentum as they obliterated Clay County. The Bobcats travel to Redhound Country for a game sure to garner statewide attention.

1. Boyle County at #5 Lexington Catholic

2. Corbin vs. #7 Bell County

3. Central at Bardstown

4. Belfry at Lawrence County

5. Lexington Catholic vs. #1 Boyle County

6. Caldwell County at Fort Campbell

7. Bell County at #2 Corbin

8. Paducah Tilghman at Union County

9. Elizabethtown at Larue County

10. Western Hills at Garrard County

Corbin is a ranked a little too high in my opinion, probably should be #4 or 5. They are more explosive offensively, but penalties and lack of a consistent running game may cost them at some point, possibly as early as this Friday.

Corbin is a ranked a little too high in my opinion, probably should be #4 or 5. They are more explosive offensively, but penalties and lack of a consistent running game may cost them at some point, possibly as early as this Friday.

The difference between Corbin, Central, and Belfry is minimal right now. Lexington Catholic is right on the edge, too, in my opinion. I'm not sure what to think about Bell County right now. I believe this Friday will give us a good indication of where Boyle, Corbin, Catholic, and Bell all should be.

The difference between Corbin, Central, and Belfry is minimal right now. Lexington Catholic is right on the edge, too, in my opinion. I'm not sure what to think about Bell County right now. I believe this Friday will give us a good indication of where Boyle, Corbin, Catholic, and Bell all should be.

The team among the leaders I have the most questions marks around is Central. They have some good games but they also have some puzzling games. A 20-9 win over Henry County? A loss to Ballard? I know Ballard is a top ten 6A ranked team but I would expect Corbin and Belfry to beat Ballard and Boyle County already did beat Ballard. I think Lexington Catholic would beat Ballard.

Last week's thumping of Waggener was a good sign for Central's standing in the rankings but they are the team I wonder about the most of those in the top 5.

The team among the leaders I have the most questions marks around is Central. They have some good games but they also have some puzzling games. A 20-9 win over Henry County? A loss to Ballard? I know Ballard is a top ten 6A ranked team but I would expect Corbin and Belfry to beat Ballard and Boyle County already did beat Ballard. I think Lexington Catholic would beat Ballard.

Last week's thumping of Waggener was a good sign for Central's standing in the rankings but they are the team I wonder about the most of those in the top 5.

I think the Henry County game was an anomaly. Field was incredible sloppy. Ballard is a very good football team, and Central was up a couple scores and then seemed to coast. I will say they look just a tad streetballish compared to Scoggins-coached Central teams, but that defense is lights out. They will be a very tough out for anyone and look like they have an unimpeded path to the semis.

I think the Henry County game was an anomaly. Field was incredible sloppy. Ballard is a very good football team, and Central was up a couple scores and then seemed to coast. I will say they look just a tad streetballish compared to Scoggins-coached Central teams, but that defense is lights out. They will be a very tough out for anyone and look like they have an unimpeded path to the semis.
They always are in November, especially at home.