Madison Southern 2018

Ram

• 1 month later...

We lost the back bone of our team last year at Southern. We had a solid group of seniors that had been playing together since 3rd and 4th grade. Several of the seniors were four year starters as well.

We have several new additions to the team I am hearing. And I look for our line on both sides of the ball to remain dominant. Hopefully some of the new additions will fill in some of the gaps left by the senior skill players we lost last year.

I will catch a scrimmage next week and try to update. 5A is tough but this team has a top notch coaching staff that will find a way to win playoff games. Should be a great season.

We lost the back bone of our team last year at Southern. We had a solid group of seniors that had been playing together since 3rd and 4th grade. Several of the seniors were four year starters as well.

We have several new additions to the team I am hearing. And I look for our line on both sides of the ball to remain dominant. Hopefully some of the new additions will fill in some of the gaps left by the senior skill players we lost last year.

I will catch a scrimmage next week and try to update. 5A is tough but this team has a top notch coaching staff that will find a way to win playoff games. Should be a great season.

Fantastic first post, thanks for the info, and welcome aboard @Homer T

I am looking very forward to seeing this team play in two weeks, for the first time.

How good is 5-9 160 pound quarterback,Jordan Casteel?

I have read where he is an absolute beast in the secondary.

What about tight end TJ Estes?

Is he more of a Jason Witten type or A Billy Joe DuPree type of tight end?

Does he use his speed to beat his guy from the defensive end position or does he have the strength to beat the bigger lineman?

Casteel is a beast in the secondary his interception numbers from last season reflect that. I think the sophomore Tobias Storm will be the starting QB for Southern this year.

TJ is very strong and you will see him coming out of the back field some too this year. He is a hard nosed brute. However the offensive side of the ball will be a new animal for him this year so it will be exciting to see how he excels. You will most likely see him playing D-End in college.