Any Professional Photographers On Here?

Wireman

I have a question or two for any BGP professional photographers.

First, a quick summary:

My newborn baby came into the world 3 months ago. We were approached by a local photographer who needed a 2-week or less old baby for professional pictures and as a subject for her photography class. It was the day of the Kentucky at Florida basketball game (March 3).

We paid a $15 fee and sat in her studio for more than 3 hours on a Saturday.

As of May 12, we have yet to see a single picture of our baby. We contacted her after one month and was told it would be soon. Last week, I made two attempts to contact her to ask what the deal is. I wasn't able to reach her and haven't received a call back.

At this point, we almost feel scammed.

My question to you: is this a normal amount of time for this type of thing or does this seem off to any of you? I really wanted to get some other opinions before I call her out on social media and hammer her.

Thanks!

Edited by Wireman

If it was for a class, perhaps she hasnt gotten the pictures back from the professor? But then again arent most Colleges done with classes at this point?

It wasn't a college class. It was a professional photographer who was holding a "workshop" for other aspiring photographers. Those people paid her money for the class. We paid $15 to let her use our baby.

I'm not a professional photographer but I've never waited that long to get pictures back. Sounds like something is off to me, two months is too long. I know some professional photographers though, one that does Ashland high school as well as UK games, I occasionally run into him on Mondays at work, if I do this week I'll ask what the turn around usually is on that.

I did photography as a side hustle for about 10 years. There are a couple problems with this scenario. First, you should absolutely have the finished pics back by now. Even if she were really busy, it shouldn’t take more than a month. I rarely took more than two weeks to return images even working a full time job. Weddings would take longer, but even that would only take 4-6 weeks. At the very least, she should be able to provide the rough, low res, proofs electronically via email Second, if she were using these for a project, she either shouldn’t have charged you, or had you sign a waiver/release for her to be able to use the images. This seems really off.