Ashland/Morgan Predictions

I hate to see Morgan Co. draw Ashland! that is a tough matchup for 1st round. I believe the Cougars will be hyped up and ready to go! 5 game winning streak and coming off great win vs Elliott is district championship, I think the cougars will win! I am gonna go with final score of 61-58, with Evans shooting a 3 a the buzzer to win!

I am hoping Morgan but that is a tough draw for them. Looking at some of Ashland's scores though gives me hope Morgan county can pull the upset. Ashland beating East Carter by only 1. Losing to a 13-14 Russell team at home, and losing to a Mason county team that is nowhere near their standards. Its usually about matchups though so you can't really base on common opponents and things like that. Ashland has played a much tougher schedule than Morgan though and that usually helps teams come tournament time. Win or lose still been a good year for Morgan.

I am hoping Morgan but that is a tough draw for them. Looking at some of Ashland's scores though gives me hope Morgan county can pull the upset. Ashland beating East Carter by only 1. Losing to a 13-14 Russell team at home, and losing to a Mason county team that is nowhere near their standards. Its usually about matchups though so you can't really base on common opponents and things like that. Ashland has played a much tougher schedule than Morgan though and that usually helps teams come tournament time. Win or lose still been a good year for Morgan.

To play devil's advocate, Ashland recently waxed a Fairview team that beat Morgan County two weeks earlier. You're right though, it's hard to use common scores as a good indicator. This match-up is hard to get a handle on because these two teams didn't meet in the regular season. Ashland looked like the class of the region through early February, before stubbing their collective toe late. But I have a feeling that they've brushed that off and are back on track. I'll take Chase Villers, Devaunte Robinson and Co. by seven or eight points.

The Tomcats can't get caught looking ahead to a possible fourth tussle with Boyd County for the regional championship down the road, or else Morgan can and will ruin those plans. You don't win 25 games by accident. The Cougars can play.