John Hardin 73 Oldham County 46

Ouch. Is OC going into a tail spin ?

Don't think so. This is a WAY under-ranked John Hardin team that was very motivated to avenge a 28 point loss to the Colonels in December. Oldham's only other KY losses were to top 10 Lafayette and county arch rival South Oldham (an unranked team, but sporting 14 wins, including wins over Simon Kenton, Oldham County, and loser by just 8 points to Butler)

I didn't really expect the margin to be this big - but I didn't expect the December outcome to be that big, either. I think these two teams are just the types of teams that can - on any given night - really bother the other.

Not the kind of result Oldham certainly wanted / needed, but the Colonels will be OK. Congrats to the Dawgs on the big victory! That's a really nice team with all the weapons to go to Rupp!

Don't think so. This is a WAY under-ranked John Hardin team that was very motivated to avenge a 28 point loss to the Colonels in December. Oldham's only other KY losses were to top 10 Lafayette and county arch rival South Oldham (an unranked team, but sporting 14 wins, including wins over Simon Kenton, Oldham County, and loser by just 8 points to Butler)

I didn't really expect the margin to be this big - but I didn't expect the December outcome to be that big, either. I think these two teams are just the types of teams that can - on any given night - really bother the other.

Not the kind of result Oldham certainly wanted / needed, but the Colonels will be OK. Congrats to the Dawgs on the big victory! That's a really nice team with all the weapons to go to Rupp!

They were motivated. Some was the embarrassing loss to a good OC team earlier but more so by the theme of the event itself. The classic is in honor of Coach McCurry' s brother who passed away. It's always an emotional week for the team and the Coach. They typically play well in the tourney. OC will be fine, a bad shooting night coupled with those other factors can lead to that outcome