Christian County/UHA (Called at halftime because of floor conditions)

Was a fun game to watch. When I was a blazer a few moons ago, we did not host district games other than Fort Campbell and I always thought we'd get a bigger gym. Its embarrassing that the gym is not able to hold many people for a big time contest. It is a safety concern having all the people jammed in there and tonight's floor-gate is just another issue. It is too small to host big time games.

County came out with the energy and played tough defense. County looked like they were about to pull away until they ran out of gas and UHA started converting in the fast break. Ware and Tandy were pretty silent until Tandy came alive at the end of the half.

Sad that it ended because Ware was due to come alive and Tandy was heating up for a special performance. It definitely was not a pretty game for offensive sets, it was all about the pace and turnovers. Stovall wanted to set that gritty grind-it-out tone and it was working, but Tandy was scoring and Ware had not found his groove and they let UHA back in the game.

Cory Trice is back and looked amazing. County is a much different team with him on the floor. He is a Stovall player and is the key to their postseason success. Trice and Long are just two tough (football players) athletes that can make you uncomfortable.

Heights starts and ends with Tandy and how far he can carry them. I think this team has more talent outside of Tandy, but I just don't see them running any plays at all. I'll admit I am harder on them because they are my home school, but they just are not reaching their potential like I think they should.

I'll end with this, KyKy Tandy is a special player and if you get a chance please go watch him play.

Was a fun game to watch. When I was a blazer a few moons ago, we did not host district games other than Fort Campbell and I always thought we'd get a bigger gym. Its embarrassing that the gym is not able to hold many people for a big time contest. It is a safety concern having all the people jammed in there and tonight's floor-gate is just another issue. It is too small to host big time games.

County came out with the energy and played tough defense. County looked like they were about to pull away until they ran out of gas and UHA started converting in the fast break. Ware and Tandy were pretty silent until Tandy came alive at the end of the half.

Sad that it ended because Ware was due to come alive and Tandy was heating up for a special performance. It definitely was not a pretty game for offensive sets, it was all about the pace and turnovers. Stovall wanted to set that gritty grind-it-out tone and it was working, but Tandy was scoring and Ware had not found his groove and they let UHA back in the game.

Cory Trice is back and looked amazing. County is a much different team with him on the floor. He is a Stovall player and is the key to their postseason success. Trice and Long are just two tough (football players) athletes that can make you uncomfortable.

Heights starts and ends with Tandy and how far he can carry them. I think this team has more talent outside of Tandy, but I just don't see them running any plays at all. I'll admit I am harder on them because they are my home school, but they just are not reaching their potential like I think they should.

I'll end with this, KyKy Tandy is a special player and if you get a chance please go watch him play.

Thanks for all the information @Region2 Hype Man

Thanks for all the information @Region2 Hype Man

You're welcome. I think I will add more to why it was called.

They refs had to keep stopping play to wipe the floor at the request of players and coaches. Players were beginning to slip. With the cold weather of the last few weeks combined with the rain outside warming things up today, oh and the gym was crammed with people too, it just led to there being too much moisture on the floor.

The coaches met at half and then they decided to call the game. Whoever the man was for UHA that grabbed the microphone to make the announcement was pretty rude. He started with yelling in a rude tone "Everyone needs to listen and you're gonna want to listen closely"

Yeah... I have a different take than region 2 hype man. I'll get it out there when I have time today.

I'm worried about when this game gets resumed... My eyes were opened during the second quarter...

And yeah... the floor thing was silly. They turned the air conditioner on after the girls game and that caused the floor to get slick...

Anyway. As far as the game goes.

Stovall, as he always does, had a wrinkle. He came out in a creative "2-1-2" halfcourt zone. It forced the ball out of tandy's hands. Coupled with the officials letting the guys brawl in the first 6 or 7 minutes, it really stifled UHA. It was an incredibly physical game, which benefited us.

With about 2 minutes left in the first quarter we had 0 fouls and heights had 2 or 3. Everybody I was with was amazed at how physical the refs allowed the game to get. In one sequence you had a break away for Trice that I thought for sure would be called an intentional foul when Taquan hollowel fouled him hard to prevent the layup/dunk and then back the other way you had us basically body slam tandy to the ground with no call. IN another sequence we had Trice and Jaquan Long bump heads, lay around on the grown rithing in pain and UHA got a bucket. The very next trip down we elbowed the big guy for heights "Kwun" in the head, with no call... He starts spilling blood all over the floor and the refs don't stop the game until we get a bucket. They had no control over the game early. Tim Haworth would have LOVED these guys.

Then.... With two minutes left they tightened things up. Over the next 10 minutes we were whistled with 10 fouls (good calls) and UHA had another 4 or 5 on them. (good calls) That's when things started to open up.

UHA also made a wise adjustment to move Tandy off of the ball and to get him the ball in other spots. He lit us up for 14 in the second quarter. McGowan also got a ton of open looks and I think he missed them all. Which is also worrisome. We are going to have to come out of this zone because they scorched us pretty good in the second quarter.

As far as County goes... Ware did have 11. As I've mentioned on here previously, T -Ware is a guy that you can game-plan for and "stop" if you are willing to risk other people going off. And I think that's what heights did. They face guarded him for a big chunk of the first half and he got basically no good looks from outside. Because Lovan for Heights got 3 fouls they switched to some zone which got T-Ware one relatively open look, but he missed that.

The good news that Trice is back and he was very good. The reason we are within 3 is because we have about 10-14 points off of offensive rebounds.

so... When the game resumes you will have a situation where Heights leads 3 with 16 minutes to play. The game will boil down to this. Can Christian County keep the game "mucked up" and continue to control the offensive glass or will Heights be able to keep the flow they built in the second quarter?

I worry about Christian County. Once we get past Ware and Trice we just don't have much. Heights is getting some really good play out of Tray Hollowel's little brother, Taquan and I worry that it's a matter of time before McGowan gets hot. Malik Lovan is doing things down low that I never dreamed was possible. Those who know him understand what I'm saying. Great kid. But I never dreamed I'd see him pulling boards out of the sky and not looking like he's on skates out there.

it was an amazing environment and both teams should be proud at how they handled a REALLY weird first half. Especially the first 5 or 6 minutes when a TON of physical play was allowed.

The part that sucks is that I think the floor was getting better as the gym/floor cooled off. But they couldn't continue... Too much risk considering how the floor was early in the game.

You're welcome. I think I will add more to why it was called.

They refs had to keep stopping play to wipe the floor at the request of players and coaches. Players were beginning to slip. With the cold weather of the last few weeks combined with the rain outside warming things up today, oh and the gym was crammed with people too, it just led to there being too much moisture on the floor.

The coaches met at half and then they decided to call the game. Whoever the man was for UHA that grabbed the microphone to make the announcement was pretty rude. He started with yelling in a rude tone "Everyone needs to listen and you're gonna want to listen closely"

Yeah. I thought he was a touch "tough" but he was put in a tough situation.

He handled it as well as he could. I don't blame him a bit for wanting everybody to be quiet when he had to announce that.