Fastpitch training aids

My dad coached plenty of D1 kids and all he needed was a T, whiffle balls and a bat. All those other things are just gimmicks in my opinion. Concentrate on fundamentals.

I'd add to this a net of some sort to ease clean-up. There's no telling how many swings I took with a tee into a chain-link fence, but you can't do that most places now.

I don't use the whiffle balls anymore. I switched and went to the Total Control Balls or sand balls. I really like the way they teach the hitter to drive through the ball and give instant feedback. These balls can be pitched, soft tossed, or used on a tee. I don't want to sound like whiffles are a bad thing they have been a go to for years. I've just been able to teach more with the heavy ball.

I would agree with the Total Control weighted ball. But I still also use their rubber wiffles also. They are also good with instant feedback and Batters can take more swings on them. The weighted ones we try to keep their reps down around only 10 per session.

I also like Total Control Whiffles. They are heavier than regular whiffles and more durable. I've used regular whiffle balls also. I think they are great for hand-eye drills. I just like the heavier rubber to give a little better feedback and feel to the hitter. The great thing is there is no right or wrong. I have used so many different things(gimmicks) when I was a younger coach. I've always been don't knock it till you try it. I've wasted a lot of money through the years. LOL