BluegrassPreps.com 5th Region Weekly Rankings (12/10/17)

1. John Hardin (4-0): John Hardin got 3 lopsided wins this week. They beat Fort Knox on the road 98 to 42, beat Breckinridge county 80 to 55, and beat Dupont Manual 83 to 59 at Bardstown. Mickey Pearson has continued his strong play, by leading them in scoring this week. Once John gets Witherspoon back, good luck to the rest of the region.

2. Larue County (4-0): Larue has moved up in the rankings after going 3 and 0 this week. They beat North Hardin 43 to 37, beat Hart County 72 to 37, and beat Muhlenberg county 67 to 50. Dailliss Cox and Anthony Adkins both had a big week for Larue, as they continue to show that they are 5th region contenders.

3. Elizabethtown (3-1): The panthers moved up a spot this week in the rankings despite going 1 and 1. They lost to Bowling Green 67 to 46, but bounced back in a big way, with a blowout win over district opponent Central Hardin on the road, by the score of 84 to 64. Darius Harding went off for 36 vs Central Hardin in their first district game of the year.

4. Adair County (3-2): Adair fell two spots in the rankings this week. They beat District opponent Marion County 88 to 77. They then lost big in a much-anticipated game vs Mercer County 73 to 47. Zion Harmon continues to live up to the hype, and Adair is without senior Corey Melton due to suspension. Indians were embarrassed vs Mercer, so will be interesting to see how they respond.

5. Central Hardin (4-1): The Bruins went 2 and 1 this week. They beat Grayson 56 to 54, lost to E-town 84 to 64, and beat Franklin Simpson at South Warren by the score of 69 to 61. Central Hardin continues to be a very balanced team when it comes to scoring.

6. Marion County (2-2): The knights moved up one spot in the rankings as they went 1 and 1 this week. They lost a very competitive game at Adair 88 to 77. They then bounced back with a big win at Bardstown, over Bethlehem, 87 to 51. Marion has been a pleasant surprise so far.

7. Bardstown (2-3): The tigers moved up one spot as they went 2 and 1 this week. They lost at Desales 60 to 46, they beat North Oldham 54 to 52, and beat Bullitt Central 57 to 56. If the tigers continue to improve, they could win another district title.

8. Washington County (4-4): They have moved up two spots in the rankings, as they went 1 and 2 this week. They lost to Bullitt Central 59 to 56, lost at Garrard County 66 to 69, they then bounced back and beat Thomas Nelson 73 to 55. Washington has lost 4 games, but all 4 games they lost by less than 5 points.

9. Campbellsville (2-2): The eagles moved up three spots this week after having a big program win. The Eagles upset Taylor County at Taylor, 58 to 56 to start off the week. They then lost at Meade County 72 to 56. The eagles hope the Taylor County win will give this team a lot of confidence going forward this season.

10. Taylor County (1-2): Taylor moved four spots down this week in the rankings, after the loss to rival Campbellsville 56 to 54. The team right now is really struggling, but if they get Irvin back, that could change everything.

11. North Hardin (1-4): North lost both games this week. The schedule has been brutal so far.

12. Green County (2-3): Green had a good week as they went 2 and 1. They have won their last two games.

13. Caverna (2-3): They dropped two spots, as they had a disappointing week. They lost all three games this week, but Caverna was in every single game.

14. Hart County (2-3): Hart went 1 and 1 this week, as they had a good district win, but got blown out and was never competitive vs Larue.

15. Bethlehem (2-3): Had a good week as they won two out of three games this week, and won two 5th region games.

16. Nelson County (1-4): Lost both games this week, but lost a thriller to Bethlehem in double overtime.

17. Thomas Nelson (1-5): Went 1 and 2 this week, but Thomas Nelson did end the week with picking up their first win of the year.

18. Fort Knox (0-4): Only played one game this week, and lost to the region favorite. They are still looking for that first win.

John beating Manual that bad without Witherspoon doesn't bode well for the rest of the 5th.

I agree that John Hardin is the class of the 5th. But at what point did beating Manual become a measure of team success? They haven’t been close to .500 in awhile.

Taylor County got drilled by a not so good Bullitt East team tonight. One missing player isn’t going to solve their problems. They can score. They’re horrible defensively. And when you’re horrible defensively, you aren’t well coached. They’ll be good to finish.500 this year. Quite a slide.

Taylor County got drilled by a not so good Bullitt East team tonight. One missing player isn’t going to solve their problems. They can score. They’re horrible defensively. And when you’re horrible defensively, you aren’t well coached. They’ll be good to finish.500 this year. Quite a slide.

Defense has always been Maze's calling. He is in his fifth year as head coach and his teams always play defense well and play hard. He took Casey County to a regional final and won the region in the 5th last season without his most talented player and about the fifth or sixth most talent in the 5th region. I will not question Stallworth coaching ability.

Not sure if Witherspoon comes back. Wright fills that spot well.

John Hardin and LaRue County play on the 19th, will be a good matchup to see just how wide the margin is between #1 and #2 in the fifth. i am going to say at least ten points right now. I personally think that Elizabethtown will give John Hardin the best game in the fifth.

Defense has always been Maze's calling. He is in his fifth year as head coach and his teams always play defense well and play hard. He took Casey County to a regional final and won the region in the 5th last season without his most talented player and about the fifth or sixth most talent in the 5th region. I will not question Stallworth coaching ability.

John Hardin and LaRue County play on the 19th, will be a good matchup to see just how wide the margin is between #1 and #2 in the fifth. i am going to say at least ten points right now. I personally think that Elizabethtown will give John Hardin the best game in the fifth.

I don't think LaRue will be a good matchup with John. John will speed you up and that kind of plays into Larue's weakness if you will. I think Etown and John are the top 2 teams as of right now; which means absolutely nothing in the big scheme. Etown travels to Adair Saturday so we'll see if they are for real. Although rumor has it that it's hard to keep Adair off the free throw line in their home building.

I don't think LaRue will be a good matchup with John. John will speed you up and that kind of plays into Larue's weakness if you will. I think Etown and John are the top 2 teams as of right now; which means absolutely nothing in the big scheme. Etown travels to Adair Saturday so we'll see if they are for real. Although rumor has it that it's hard to keep Adair off the free throw line in their home building.

This is why I can't wait to see John Hardin and Adair County play to see if they can speed up Harmon.

This is why I can't wait to see John Hardin and Adair County play to see if they can speed up Harmon.

I don't think so. Harmon is a different kind of cat....special is the word to be used. I don't think John's tempo will affect him at all. Hopefully the Dawgs can limit the other players.