Mercer County 73 Adair County 47

I was gonna try to make that game but was unable to. Our radio guys said AC just looked flat in warmups and apparently stayed that way the entire game. Faulkner with 22 pts and 11 boards to lead a balanced Mercer attack that shot 60% for the game to 37% for Adair. Zion Harmon led the way for Adair with 19 pts which was half his average on the season. Corey Melton didn’t play for Adair. Not sure if he’s injured or if he’s even still on the team.

With or without Melton I was highly disappointed in the effort by Adair tonight! Harmon did not look like he even wanted to be on the court at times. How do you not get motivated to play against the number one ranked player in the state as in Faulkner. I know Adair played last night as well so maybe just tired legs?

Wireman I could not agree more! I guess maybe I am just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt for sure a lackluster effort.

Trinity and Fern Creek both had tough games on Friday night and put on an excellent high school basketball game against each other the following night. I think the bigger issue is Adair just rarely plays against elite competition and when they do they will struggle. Mercer may not be elite in terms of a top 10 team, but they have an elite player in Faulkner that can play some great defense.

That is not to say Harmon can't look good against elite competition as he showed that on the NIKE EYBL circuit, but I am not convinced that he has much behind him.

They may show more as the season progresses, but it will take Harmon having super games to beat the better teams in the state in my opinion.

Mercer was without Gunnar Gillis tonight. Harmon and Faulkner weren't matched up a whole lot but when they were Harmon had no chance of guarding Trevon. Harmon is young and kids definitely have off nights but I thought he may want to prove something against a top player in the state.