USL Cup Final: Nov. 13 at Slugger Field

Getslow

Louisville City FC will host the USL Cup Playoff Final on Monday, Nov. 13, at 9:00 pm against Swope Park Rangers.

Louisville City advanced past NY Red Bulls II, 4-3 on penalties on Saturday after a 1-1 regulation draw.

I seriously thought they were toast. NY was ahead 3-1 as Louisville went up to take its third PK. Sean Totsch buried it in the back of the net and Greg Ranjitsingh stopped NY's final two kicks, including an insane one that bounced off the crossbar and went straight down before Ranjitsingh pulled it back at the line.

Hometown player and DuPont Manual grad Richard Ballard hit the game winner. Pandemonium in the stadium and the supporters rushed the field. It was a magnificent and non-destructive invasion.

Lou City will now host Swope Park Rangers of Kansas City, which also advanced on penalties this weekend. Swope Park and Oklahoma City Energy FC went ELEVEN ROUNDS of penalties on Saturday before Swope Park finally won out, 7-6.

I'm still a little hoarse two days later and I'm glad for the nine days of recovery before the final.