Russell at Lewis County Predictions 10/13

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Russell
    • Lewis County

I can't help but think back to last year when Lewis County came to Flatwoods and scored about as many points (28) as Russell had given up on the whole season up to that point (30). Lewis hurt Russell through the air that night and one of the receivers that did some damage is back. Offut is a handful, and Russell's secondary is very inexperienced.

I don't know, maybe I'm channeling my inner Lou Holtz, but I'm not taking anything for granted this year. Russell had better come out ready to play and not just go through the motions. If the Lions moved the ball and put up points on last year's defense, they can certainly do it on this year's.

I can't help but think back to last year when Lewis County came to Flatwoods and scored about as many points (28) as Russell had given up on the whole season up to that point (30). Lewis hurt Russell through the air that night and one of the receivers that did some damage is back. Offut is a handful, and Russell's secondary is very inexperienced.

I don't know, maybe I'm channeling my inner Lou Holtz, but I'm not taking anything for granted this year. Russell had better come out ready to play and not just go through the motions. If the Lions moved the ball and put up points on last year's defense, they can certainly do it on this year's.

Last year Lewis had an experienced Isaac Kelly at qb but he transferred to Portsmouth,Ohio. What you said could happen I guess but Kelly was a pretty good athlete that could make plays with his feet as well as pass. The lions really miss Kelly this year.