Boone County 2 Dixie Heights 1

oldgrappler

This was an incredibly entertaining game. The score was tied 0-0 at half. The first half started with Dixie dictating play and moving the ball towards Boone's goal. But Boone soon picked up their intensity and the half played out pretty evenly.

Dixie struck first early in the second half when a nice ball was played through two Boone defenders and a Dixie forward took the pass in stride outside the box and struck the ball into the net.

Then Boone increased its intensity again so that the game began to be played mostly on Dixie's half of the field. Boone put pressure on the goal with several shots. Eventually getting a score but I can't recall the exact context of the oal (ie corner kick, or ??). I do remember the ball hitting off the underside of the bar, striking the keep and ricocheting into the net.

Game tied at 1.

The game went back and forth from here on out but I would say Boone applied more pressure and shot after shot on goal. Many sailed just over the bar. Dixie also had a shot that bounced off the bar but it went into the field of play and no goal scored.

The game continued at high intensity with noone getting a shot on goal with less than 2 minutes to play but it sailed over. Boone got the ball for one last try and Liam Gillespie dribbled through the Dixie defenders to place himself for the shot. He found net with 39 seconds remaining in the match.

Final score: Boone 2 Dixie 1