Bluegrass Games Vball 2017

The Varsity pools have been posted

BGSG volleyball is always a surprise since it's so early in the season...always tough to pick a winner. Since none of the top teams in the state participate, the field is a little more wide open that other tournaments.

I like the usual suspects - Ryle, Cooper, NCC, or Tates Creek to take it all. But I'd take it with a grain of salt - it's early and overall the competition level isn't that great - especially in opening pool play.

With Haley Bush (Ryle) and Rachel McDonald (NCC) gone, those teams will be good but not the powerhouses. Don't sleep on Campbell County this year as the new coaches headed by Kennedy Berkley has a very strong junior class in Elyse Wieland OH/DS, Hannah Wells L and returns Mallory Busam at MB.

With Haley Bush (Ryle) and Rachel McDonald (NCC) gone, those teams will be good but not the powerhouses. Don't sleep on Campbell County this year as the new coaches headed by Kennedy Berkley has a very strong junior class in Elyse Wieland OH/DS, Hannah Wells L and returns Mallory Busam at MB.

Ehhh I'll go ahead and sleep on 'em.

Ehhh I'll go ahead and sleep on 'em.

Go ahead and sleep soundly...just 4 years ago Campbell was a regular down state and then they had a coaching disaster...I am not saying Campbell will win state or even 10th region over Scott but they are a good team who defeated Boone, Beechwood, NCC all ranked last year in state and the core returns.

The girls played some incredible volleyball over a three day period with wins over Madison Southern, Harrison County, McCracken County, Floyd Central, Ryle, Ballard, Rolling Hills, duPont Manual, and Greenwood to win the championship.

Like I said...congrats to Beechwood. A sign of depth in the 9th? And I'll buy the Camels as the main contender to Scott in the 10th.

Campbell County scrimmaged the Lady Tigers last night at home and I wasn't terribly impressed. Even with Jordan Tapp not playing, Scott will dominate a Camel team that didn't move well on defense and seemed totally confused with the rotation. If the new coach Kennedy Berkley doesn't figure out that #12 and #15 are the keys then the Camels struggle to get past Brossart.