Track the MLS 2017

Orlando City Shells Out to Acquire Sporting Kansas City's Dom Dwyer

Sporting KC made official what the Kansas City Star and ESPNFC previously reported, that the clubs reached a deal for the star striker, whose contract runs through 2018. Dwyer, recently made a commissioner's pick for the MLS All-Star Game vs. Real Madrid, has scored 57 goals in 128 MLS games since 2012. He tallied a career-high 22 in 2014. According to the reports, the compensation for Dwyer would reach new heights when it comes to MLS standards.

Sporting KC could net up to $1.6 million in allocation money based on performance incentives. At the very least, the club will acquire $400,000 in general allocation money and $500,000 in targeted allocation in the trade.

I can't believe how much soccer I've been watching. This is coming from someone who really couldn't have cared less three or four years ago. I see that Atlanta FC is averaging 43K per game, soccer is really on the rise in several markets across the US.

I can't believe how much soccer I've been watching. This is coming from someone who really couldn't have cared less three or four years ago. I see that Atlanta FC is averaging 43K per game, soccer is really on the rise in several markets across the US.

Don't say it like it's a bad thing. Soccer is awesome!