Browns Draft

Agreed. Browns got the #1 talent in the draft. They took 3 first round picks and all three players are extremely athletic with lots of up side. Peppers will make a terrific Strong Safety and Njoku is as athletic a TE as you will find. He is both a receiver and a good blocker. He will cause lots of mismatches and be a valuable target for any Browns QB, current and future. In addition, by moving down from #12 to #25, they added a first round pick in 2018. They have 2 round 1 picks and 3 round 2 picks in 2018. This is how a team with soooooo many needs builds for the future.

Sure, they could have had a talented player at #12, but they got two talented players after 12 and will get one next year.

And no QB

Brock Osweiler is at least serviceable in the immediate future. Given the lack of talent in this year's QB class and the stockpile of picks Cleveland has in the near future I think it was an incredibly smart (and very un-Cleveland-like) move to not try and force another QB that's not the right fit.

There was no QB that was worthy of a pick when the Browns were picking. Trubisky was not worthy of a #1 overall pick. Had the Browns selected him there, everyone would have said they reached for a QB and given them a D grade. If he doesn't become a franchise QB for Chicago he will cost his coach and the personnel guys their jobs. They overpaid in draft capital. The Browns probably would have traded up for Trubisky from 12 but that option was not available to them. Mahomes was not worth it to them. He is a project. They obviously didn't care for Watson (inaccuracy and weak arm).

Browns did just fine -- probably B+. They got 3 first round picks and a 1st rounder next year!!! On second thought, that may warrant an A grade!

I really like the Browns draft. They added more talent to their team than any other team in the draft. I would give them a solid A.

I really like that they waited until pick #52 to select a QB and that it was DeShone Kizer. They didn't overreach for a QB early in the draft. By taking Kizer later in the second round, they get great value. I'm not sure any QB has as much upside as he does. He is a project and by taking him where they did, there is no pressure to start him. He can sit and learn--assuming Osweiler and Kessler can remain vertical.

The only issue I have with the Browns draft is the selection of DT Caleb Brantley in the 6th round. He is under investigation for punching a woman on April 13. There are variances in the story. One has the woman with multiple injuries. The other reports a security guard as an eye witness who says the woman struck Brantley and he pushed her away but did not strike her.

The Browns are trying to change the culture on the team and one of the goals was to add people of high character. Sashi Brown said that if the story turns out bad they will cut him before he even comes to camp.

Why even introduce that to the team?!

• 5 weeks later...

Yep. Defensive Coordinator, Gregg Williams likes to use DBs and the Browns still could use a few more. LB Demario Davis had a decent year but the report is he doesn't have the speed they are looking for and Williams likes DBs.