Track Season Is Upon Us

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Track season is a few weeks away. Who we liking guys? Will Brossart make it two in a row in Class A? I'm saying Yes!!

There is a very good chance the Mustangs will repeat. They have great student body participation and perform well in individual events, but really do well in the relays. I heard they have a 1st year sprinter who is performing well in the indoor meets.

Highlands does not have enough sprinters or jumpers! strong in distance and throws. Even in distance and throws they are not ranked tops in AA though.

Highlands does not have enough sprinters or jumpers! strong in distance and throws. Even in distance and throws they are not ranked tops in AA though.

Highlands has great participation though and that will help them in the relays. With the Graduation of Venneman, they are missing the elite sprinter, but they have a lot of good sprinters (many football players) that make their relays competitive. Pulsfort is a very good 400 runner and high jumper. Can the Birds win it, ?? Unknown, but they will compete in NKY.

If you miss football, go to a track meet. In NKY, the sprints and throwing events have a lot of the football players participating.

Jayhawk and I were talking about the girls side. As far as Highlands boys they are strong on distance, and do have some good sprinters. They do lack in field events, mainly in the throws, it would be nice to see a few football players come out for the throw events!

Last indoor meet of the season is this Saturday at Mason County. Billed as the "state indoor track meet". At what used to be the Jockey plant back in the day. Only (I think) high school indoor track facility in the Commonwealth.

It's not a bad site at all. Good vantage points in the main bleachers. You can see all running and jumping events very well. Saturday should be a great championship as the competition has been good.

Actually Jumps as well, Romaine Long won the triple, and had a hard Long jump at state, was ranked top 3 going in. We have a great little HJ girl, and been working hard off season. So Distance, Jumps, and Throws, Mikayla Reichert ranked #1 in both events for AA with Soph MC Redden already throwing 32 at UK invite, with a 35 ft warm up, and 100+ ft Discus in practice. Sad thing is, we have 4 girls over 100 ft, but can only take 2. Lots of points to be had at State. Sprints and relays are tough. And yes on the boys side, the throwers end of it, we had 3 go to state and had a rough meet. With maturity, we could see big things come out of them this season, points to be had.

One of the ways to "steal" a track championship is to develop throwers and pole vaulters.

The pole vault competition for the state meet took place last night (2/28) in Shelbyville. I don't have complete results as they haven't been published yet but I can tell you that Tates Creek won the girls 3A and then went 1-2 in boys 3A. A 14' jump won it on the boys side. That means both Tates Creek vaulters have been over 14' this year and they are tied for the state lead in the pole vault.

Thats 10 points in hand for the girls and 18 for the boys before they get started in Mason Co. on Saturday.

:up:

oops I misspoke, they evidently published the pole vault results as I was typing so here they are.

Kentucky Indoor Pole Vault State Championship - HS/Open/Masters - Complete Results (Raw)

Edited by LexVegas