Lafayette 57 Bryan Station 52

Lafayette seems like a team that few are talking about when it comes to the 11th Region. This is a really nice win for the Generals.

Understandable. Definitely kind of hot and cold with me.

I think I've had more love for them than the average person through the season. I know I had more love for them than most coming into the season in terms of not thinking "uh oh, they lost Jackson Davis and are now going to be awful".

Did cool on them a bit after they lost Shon Wright to injury and it looked like Lucky Jackson wasn't going to play, but then ended up settling on them in the 4-7 range in a lot of rankings once things leveled off.

I had them at #4 in the 11th after the first week of the season (while Scott Co still had Jenkins), as low as #8 at New Year's after they'd lost to Tates Creek, but all the way up at #2 by the second week of January after they'd beaten Lexington Catholic and Bryan Station in the same week.

Just really hard to get a read on them. Right after they were up to the #2 spot, they lost two straight (Lexington Catholic & LCA), three of four (Scott Co), and four of six (Dunbar).

Since the 2-4 stretch, they've won 5 straight. Henry Clay, LCA, Bryan Station, and Perry County Central were four of those 5 wins.

The home game with Trinity will have a lot of eyes on it. After that, Henry Clay and Boyle County to wrap it up. Even if they lose all 3 of those, they've went 17-13 against an absolutely insane schedule.

Trinity, Manual, Lexington Catholic (2), Boyle County, Bryan Station (2), Dunbar (2), LCA (2), Lincoln Co (2), Scott County (2), Henry Clay (2), Madison Central, Perry County Central-- those teams combine for 19 of their 30 games.

Definitely understandable that they'd have a few losses against that.

I will say that they seem to be pretty deep, and that Ross Jenkins playing well has been one of their biggest assets, especially in a year where there aren't really a ton of dominant bigs in the 11th.