Cooper 27 Covington Catholic 27 (Frosh)

Theoldguy

Scoring Summary

6-0 Cooper

9:43 1st quarter (1st play from scrimmage)

Brown to Abner for a 65 yard TD pass

Cooper PAT no good

6-6 CovCath

59.6 1st quarter

B. Dressman 1 yard TD run

Wheler PAT no good

End of the 1st quarter CovCath 6 Cooper 6

14-6 Cooper

9:18 2nd quarter

Brown to Adams 14 yard TD pass

Brown to Watson 2pt PAT good

21-6 Cooper

7:42 2nd quarter

Brown to Monroe 19 yard TD pass

Cooper PAT good

21-12 Cooper

39.9 2nd quarter

B. Dressman 5 yard TD run

B. Dressman 2pt Pass no good

End of the 2nd quarter and half time Cooper 21 CovCath 12

21-19 Cooper

2:51 3rd quarter

B. Dressman to McGinness 35 yard TD pass

Wheeler PAT good

End of the 3rd quarter Cooper 21 CovCath 19

27-21 CovCath

3:30 4th quaarter

B. Dressman 42 yard TD run

B. Dressman 2pt PAT run good

27-27

1:01 4th quarter

#37 5 yard TD run

Cooper PAT Blocked

Good and exciting game by both teams...

That is a great showing for Cooper. I had a feeling they would continue to improve as the season went on.

They have a new coaching staff this year and 2 of the best coaches are now coaching the freshman squad. They came from the Boone pee wee league and were iincredible coaches in that league. Coach Perkins is a great offensive coach and Coach Hollis is his counterpart on the defensive side of the ball.

Last year they left the Boone county pee wee league after leading their team in the senior division after taking their team to the Super Bowl of the league in 4 of the pastt 5 years. They took over the 8th grade team of the Union Jags last year and hadd a great year and this year were moved to the Freshman team.

The freshman team struggled at first trying to figure out who they were and got stomped by Ryle when they played them twice in the first 3 games. Last week I wentt to their game against NCC to see how they've progressed, they looked very goood in a win over Boone and then today against Cov Cath they proved me correct in what I already knew as them being a couple of the best young unheard of coaches in the area.

I can only speak from personal knowledge. My boy had a ton of great coaches growing up and had played for these two his 7th and 8th grade years and has alwayss said they were the best coaches he's ever played for. Congrats to Hollis and Perkins for the huge strides you have shown in a short time.

That is a great showing for Cooper. I had a feeling they would continue to improve as the season went on.

They have a new coaching staff this year and 2 of the best coaches are now coaching the freshman squad. They came from the Boone pee wee league and were iincredible coaches in that league. Coach Perkins is a great offensive coach and Coach Hollis is his counterpart on the defensive side of the ball.

Last year they left the Boone county pee wee league after leading their team in the senior division after taking their team to the Super Bowl of the league in 4 of the pastt 5 years. They took over the 8th grade team of the Union Jags last year and hadd a great year and this year were moved to the Freshman team.

The freshman team struggled at first trying to figure out who they were and got stomped by Ryle when they played them twice in the first 3 games. Last week I wentt to their game against NCC to see how they've progressed, they looked very goood in a win over Boone and then today against Cov Cath they proved me correct in what I already knew as them being a couple of the best young unheard of coaches in the area.

I can only speak from personal knowledge. My boy had a ton of great coaches growing up and had played for these two his 7th and 8th grade years and has alwayss said they were the best coaches he's ever played for. Congrats to Hollis and Perkins for the huge strides you have shown in a short time.

Perkins and Hollis are great guys! So this is where they ended up! I remember old film basement study lol. Please pass the word that the old SK boy, Highlands defector says congrats! I finally have one in high school next year that has grown up through FTJFL and is playing for TBird currently. He wants to coach one day. Back in the day if it wasn't football it was liars poker fun times!!! Wishing them the best....

Perkins and Hollis are great guys! So this is where they ended up! I remember old film basement study lol. Please pass the word that the old SK boy, Highlands defector says congrats! I finally have one in high school next year that has grown up through FTJFL and is playing for TBird currently. He wants to coach one day. Back in the day if it wasn't football it was liars poker fun times!!! Wishing them the best....

I will pass it along, also you may be interested in knowing that Hollis is also coaching the JV Cooper baseball team.