Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

isthatallyougot

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by isthatallyougot

  1. Let's not forget senior Robert Hatton who can drain the three and the now famous Ryan Williams who is just as tenacious on the hard wood as he is on the field. Flying under the radar is an understatement in my book, the rest of the pack will know these names come late February!
  2. GRC will have to turn it up a notch on pass coverage this week, they have been suspect in that area for several years now. Darius Skinner has been a bright spot on pass coverage but others need to step up. Ryan Williams needs to run, which he does beautifully every week. Tavin Lay is also a very good running back and with all the attention on Ryan he should be able to sneak a few runs for big gains. Andrew Dini has been a big suprise and improves with each game. Seems like a Quarterback is all the difference in 0-3 last year vs 4-0 this year. I like GRC's chances in this one but they always seem to struggle against Madison Central, I'll go with my heart not my head and say 28-27 GRC........
  3. 1. Lexington Christian 2. Boyle County 3. Highlands 4. Harlan County 5. Franklin-Simpson
  4. The bottom line in coaching is wins and losses and Columbia has a 50-52 record. If a coach cannot win more games than he loses he is not doing his job effectively. 100 games, you cannot blame half of them on the players or lack of fan support. No college or pro team would say this is a successful record and they would not tolerate a record like this very long. Any man should be willing to admit he needs help and ask for it, or move on!
  5. I can name a few "pocket Quarterbacks" who were very successful and were not able to scramble much. Tom Brady comes to mind and Bret the jet. Clark had a scrambling quarterback the last two years and we all know how that turned out. Give Dini a chance, he is very smart and will learn his game with experience.
  6. Clark county played better than I expected. Ryan Williams was a stud as expected. The play calling was improved over the last few years. The passing game was 100% improved which maybe makes me think the Quarterback situation will be ok if Dini can continue to lead as a sophomore,he had an excellent game. Another suprise was Darius Skinner. He had two at least two excellent defensive stops on pass plays that resulted in a fourth and long and an interception for him. Hope he keeps his grades up so he can improve as the year goes on. All in all the Cards looked good but the real test comes against tougher opponents. Worth mentioning, hope Josh Webb is fine, he has grown and will be a defender to be reckoned with due to his size and strength. The number of past players in the stand was a suprise too. If Columbia could get them on the field he would have a powerful team!
  7. When the opposing teams post that your coach didn't exactly seem to understand the strategy part of football it is not just a few fans that are complaining! ( see last season vs. Danville!) Columbia is a fine person but has shown over and over he struggles in the head coach role. His in game play calling and motivational skills are not what they should be. He has a very poor ability to manage the clock in close games. I have sat on the sidelines for his entire tenure as head coach and believe he needs to be replaced not because I dislike him but what I have seen is he is just not head coach material. Clark County has plenty of talent and a very good feeder system so IMHO it is ripe for a change in command.
  8. I'd say 6'8" is very generous 6'4" to 6'6" range on these kids is closer to the truth. GRC will have a lot of heighth and a future Wildcat to boot. The Andrew freshman is 6'11" but is "talent challenged" in a lot of areas of his game.
  9. What about Zollo's younger brother is he a baller too? Any one heard about him?
  10. Ryan Williams from Clark County is one of the best passers I have seen in a while. He is small but super quick on offense and defense which is one part of the game a lot of guards forget about.:ylsuper:
  11. I love those Clark County Cardinals but unless there is a real suprise when it comes to talent this year I do not see them challenging many good teams this year! Indians by 12!
  12. .Most of Clark Counties talent is playing other sports. Robert Hatton was one of the smartest QB's in civitan and middle school there has been in a while in Clark Co. Robbie Stenzel was a game changer also. I can't blame them for not playing in a program that has little success in the past few years despite some of the most talented teams seen in a long time. Last years seniors who had been Cowboys in civitan and attended Conkwright were undefeated until they got to the Highschool! The players you have mentioned are descent athletes but lack a lot of the talent of teams in the past, and the coaching staff, IMHO, is not able to compete in the 6A class. Looking at the schedule Clark will be lucky to win a single game this year. Quarterbacks are hard to train if they don't have the basic ability to learn plays and be able to react with intelligent decisions in a split second. I love Clark County sports as much as the next guy, but reality is reality and trying to sugar coat issues does not win football games. I have been wrong before and hope I am this time. I just don't see this program as being able to win games week in and week out on a consistent basis.
  13. What is Clark County football coming to when you have three average at best SOPHOMORES frontrunners for the QB JOB! I have seen all three sophmores play and none are true quarter backs, only put in the position due to no other options... it was mentioned that Clark Middle beat Conkwright..............that is a yearly event due to size of school not talent. I hope the plans for one middle school works out so the Highschool will be able to guide the middle school and work on building a program! Some changes have to take place SOON in the Highschool program or the damage will take many years to fix...
  14. Because his commute is so his son can play at Scott county! He said it for the world to see. That in my opinion is moving for athletic reasons. Re read the article and what his Dad said, classic case of open mouth insert foot.
  15. When you choose a school in another community and publicly state you chose that school for it's sports program I can see where the overall picture gets cloudy. I think Euton's Dads comments may have been enough to throw a big red flag up. I wonder if he would be eligible to play at GRC?
  16. The big difference in Euton and Zollo...Mom got a job in the same school he will be playing for. Eutons Dad will be commuting twenty or so miles to Lexington
  17. You guys kill me! I guess the fact the weather was horrible and the dates were moved around played no role in attendance at the regional tournament. Please make me understand how an old gym that in half the seats you can't even see the scoreboard holds so much sentiment. PLEASE get over it. It is 2008, things change, let's move on! :irked:
  18. I guess you can say they still play the games but with at least two d-1 ball players on the team it sure makes the tenth region teams work a little harder!:ylsuper:
  19. Not bragging just heard nothing but how dominant Mason has been for so long a little gloating is in order. as a GRC grad you have to be excited. I cannot count the number of times I drove to Mason County thinking we had a chance only to come home dejected and defeated.I guess you have to respect a program with that much success.......but now it's OUR turn!!!:banana:
  20. Is it just me or has the wind been taken from a lot of 10th region sails with all of this news! It sure has gotten quiet in here!
  21. Wonder who was the other coach to contact him? :sssh: Be a real shame if they were reported to the KHSAA!
  22. Looks like three fun years for GRC hoops. YO VINNY lets play some ball!!!:ylsuper:
  23. I guess when GRC wins the Tenth Region title the next three years the record book will contain an asterik beside our name!:lol: GO CARDS!!!
  24. I would go out on a limb and say the word you are looking for is average! Mason will be average this year at best ! LET'S GO ZOLLO!!!!!:banana::jump:
  25. The crazy thing with sports dynasties is they always end eventually. I believe Mason had a good run but the time has come to pass the torch.You cannot win on tradition alone you have to be able to compete with the here and now in order to stay on top! Just like the Beloved Fieldhouse, it is aging and it will be a dinosaur in the not so distant future. I for one am glad to see the attention Bluegrass Basketball is getting at the highschool level. You either rise to the competition or get left behind!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.