Zollo's mother likes Clark Co

Here is the latest on Vinny in the paper today. Interesting on what his mom has to say:

Zollo's mother likes Clark

by Larry Vaught/Danville Advocate Messenger

Barring an unexpected complication, University of Kentucky recruit Vinny Zollo will be playing his high school basketball for George Rogers Clark next season.

Zollo's mother, Robyn Curry, interviewed for a teaching position at the high school this week and is now awaiting word that her Ohio teaching certification will be accepted by Kentucky.

"Vinny liked the school. He checked out the classes to see if he would be on track academically," said Curry. "It looks like a good area for us. If everything goes okay with the certification, I am sure we will be there."

Curry liked the way Humphrey didn't try to pressure her son into attending George Rogers Clark.

"He was nice, but not pushy. I am leery of schools that called basically trying to recruit him," she said. "This all happened without the coach calling or breaking any rules. One coach in that region called and it scared me to death because I thought that could be a rules violation.

"I don't want to do anything to jeopardize Vinny's eligibility. I respect the way this school (Clark) has handled everything."

http://www.winchestersun.com/public_...77&format=html

Is it just me or has the wind been taken from a lot of 10th region sails with all of this news! It sure has gotten quiet in here!:rolleyes:

No need to brag... We got a real good player who liked our school and area. That's it. :thumb:

Not bragging just heard nothing but how dominant Mason has been for so long a little gloating is in order. as a GRC grad you have to be excited. I cannot count the number of times I drove to Mason County thinking we had a chance only to come home dejected and defeated.I guess you have to respect a program with that much success.......but now it's OUR turn!!!:banana:

"I am a rule follower. I don't believe in breaking rules," Curry, a high school coach, said. "If you break rules now, what will you do later? UK did nothing to break any rules. I can't say that about all schools that recruited Vinny. But Kentucky and Tennessee followed the rules. I respected that about both schools because rules are made to be followed and I am very aware of all the recruiting rules."

^^ Interesting comment.

"I am a rule follower. I don't believe in breaking rules," Curry, a high school coach, said. "If you break rules now, what will you do later? UK did nothing to break any rules. I can't say that about all schools that recruited Vinny. But Kentucky and Tennessee followed the rules. I respected that about both schools because rules are made to be followed and I am very aware of all the recruiting rules."

^^ Interesting comment.

I agree...so was the one that a coach had called too.

I like this quote too:

Curry stressed that no one at George Rogers Clark tried to recruit her son. Instead, she posted her resume on an Internet site for teaching positions and got several calls from schools that had openings in her teaching area.

LOOKING FOR A JOB - Female high school teacher is looking for a job at a Kentucky high school within 30 minutes of Lexington. Teaching certificate, post graduate studies, and transcript available on request. Only request is that my 6-9, basketball dunking son have a different homeroom teacher.

:lol:

I agree...so was the one that a coach had called too.

I like this quote too:

Curry stressed that no one at George Rogers Clark tried to recruit her son. Instead, she posted her resume on an Internet site for teaching positions and got several calls from schools that had openings in her teaching area.

I agree on the bolded. I wonder who some of the other schools were who contacted her though? I respect GRC a lot for going about it the right way though.

Hopefully the next article we read and the next newscast we watch exclusively on WKYT 27 Newsfirst will be the school that Zollo officially chooses so we can get on with this story, learn what the kid can do and how good he will be. So far, this seems more about mom than anything else. :sleep:

Hopefully the next article we read and the next newscast we watch exclusively on WKYT 27 Newsfirst will be the school that Zollo officially chooses so we can get on with this story, learn what the kid can do and how good he will be. So far, this seems more about mom than anything else. :sleep:

Isn't mother the one who has the final decision? I'd say that's more important than Vinny right now.

Isn't mother the one who has the final decision? I'd say that's more important than Vinny right now.

Most generally mothers have the final say and sounds like she likes the attention of the media as well, so mom, please make the decision.