Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Habib

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Habib

  1. They allowed 18? Good win for the Raiders. SK is strong this year.
  2. I agree about the setup. I just think they could have squeezed the stands another 10-15 yards closer to the field. Players are almost on an island out there. The field does look most excellent. I haven't seen it with the artwork on the 50 complete (I heard that was the holdup), but the endzone art was stellar. Though, I wish they would repaint that enormous brick wall a different color.
  3. The stands are too far from the field, for starters. That's my biggest complaint. The rest are more nuanced.
  4. Pipes sticking out of the field?!? That doesn't sound good. I really hate (for Cooper) that they followed the template of Ryle's complex. It is nice, aesthetically, but it could have been made much better.
  5. Did anyone go?
  6. That is great to see. Any details?
  7. As much as I would like to see the Raiders topple the colossus, I just don't see it happening.
  8. The way I see it, there will be a degree of confusion inherent to the defense as they will not know which five receivers are releasing. The offense will be able to get isolation on its receivers or create mis-matches, such as having the best receiver running against the fourth or fifth best defensive back. A typical zone would have to be modified to keep in check the receivers who don't release, as they can catch screens or pitches and dash for an easy ten.
  9. How are the eligible receiver determined? To they notify the referee before the play, or do they simply make certain to send out only five receivers?
  10. Football is football is football. If they can do it legally, I'm all for it. And realistically, I'm surprised that coaches haven't thought outside of the box before and developed something like this. I don't think it is as easy to defend as it is being made out to be. With the right personnel it could be dangerous. I imagine it will go through growing pains and become more refined over the years, but I could see this, or a variation, catching on. On a side note, it reminds me a bit of the swinging-gate field goal. Unorthodox, but the right personnel made it dangerous.
  11. On a side note, Ryle's field looks great so far.
  12. Keep us updated. Cooper High is going straight to varsity play, is that correct?
  13. I'm glad to see Ryle is finally getting a much needed upgrade. :thumb: What are the plans for the field and the future renovations? Are they just going to replace the grass with the artificial stuff or are they doing any rearranging? Ryle's stadium is one of the more poorly designed I've been to, I hope they get it right this time.
  14. I think anything can happen here. Ryle has shown they can beat good teams and they are also playing well right now. With that said, St. Henry is the definite favorite, and who I expect to win. No matter the outcome, though, I won't be surprised.
  15. That's ridiculous. Take the best player off of any team and they don't do as well. And the school is, what, 15 years old? I would say we've done fairly well to jump in and win region in that amount of time.
  16. Perhaps you should petition the KHSAA to expunge the score since you could only field a JV team. Or better yet, perhaps you should have the KHSAA ban Ryle from playing your team since we have no room to talk about our program, let alone play yours.
  17. I think that's a fair assessment. Maybe being weak at tailback will force more passing. What is the history of the new OC? When Ryle did pass this last season, the most I saw were simple, two receiver routes with a TE on a late release. That's just not going to work.
  18. I'm not sure whether I should be offended or not, but, perhaps you could be more specific. I must admit I'm a bit confused.
  19. They should be in the same district as Ryle, Boone, and Conner.
  20. Do you mean Cooper High?
  21. Does the vanity end?
  22. Could we get more detail on that story?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.