Everything posted by nkysportslegend
-
Hensley Rating System 6A Top 15 (2008 Edition #1)
I'm surprised to see Campbell County in there.
-
Referee Question: Downed Punt
I'm pretty sure that I have seen this done in the NFL sometime since 2000 but I can't remember who did it. It might have been shown when Doug Flutie did a dropkick as things that you don't see very often.
-
Referee Question: Downed Punt
The way I remember this situation is that if the receiving team fair catches the ball they get one untimed down in which they must attempt a field goal.
-
Campbell County at Simon Kenton
That is exactly what he is. He throws a nice ball but only time will tell if he can stay in the pocket and throw the ball. However, he is quick and shifty as a runner and will hurt you more with his legs than his arm.
-
Rules Question - Ejection
I understand that to mean that it is only effective at the level of play in which it occured. So if ejected from a JV game you sit out a JV game. Am I misunderstanding this?
-
Campbell County at Simon Kenton
He still took a few snaps at the start (I think just the first series) but then he lined up a TE and slot and I think he even got a few carries after going in motion. Another result of this is that they are now using the senior/former QB on defense.
-
Campbell County at Simon Kenton
A new QB, didn't do anything extraordinary through the air but didn't do bad through the air, he did run the ball well. Don't expect SK to have a huge game through the air unless Campbell's pass coverage is very weak.
-
Northern Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #9)
7 Boone County 5 Campbell County 3 Bourbon County 2 Walton Verona 1 Jeffersontown Campbell County
-
Campbell County at Simon Kenton
This game will decide which of the two teams will make the playoffs. Can SK get their first district win since they opened district play with a blowout win over Cooper or will Campbell County keep their spot in the playoffs?
-
What is the rule on this?
You cannot recruit at any grade level. That doesn't mean you cannot go to the games but at the games you cannot recruit.
-
Simon Kenton 40 Russell 20
That might have been the important block but the big one was by the # 8 on that play. A great hit.
-
Simon Kenton 40 Russell 20
You're right about that but I think I'd have to agree with you on this one. If you think about it though you can't go wrong with either.
-
Simon Kenton 40 Russell 20
SK played a real good game. Next week is the one that counts. Hopefully the new looks will work against Campbell but I look for that to be a much tougher challenge. Lawrence is going to be a pretty good QB, I don't look for him to put up huge numbers through the air but he will hurt a lot of teams with his feet. Miles had another good game, the yards weren't a surprise but I didn't see him scoring 5 TD's. All in all Russell was just over-matched.
-
Russell vs. Simon Kenton
The only thing I would change is that he wasn't on his way out of bounds. That was the last play of the game and judging by the kid who caught the ball he would have definitely tried to turn it up before he would go out of bounds. But it was unfortunate for Russell.
-
Boone County 42 Simon Kenton 7
I think he is fine. I don't know personally, but I feel that had it still been a game when the injury took place that he would have probably went back in.
-
Russell vs. Simon Kenton
I do too, but that would be quite a feat. Last year's game was one of the best and most exciting games I've seen.
-
Russell vs. Simon Kenton
Are you suggesting that it was a bad call? Another question is how do you think they won? If it is because SK scored at the end then you need to realize that SK had it won until about 20 seconds to go when Russell took the lead. I agree that it was a shame that one team had to lose, but that team was Russell.
-
Russell vs. Simon Kenton
What does Russell do well on defense? Do they stop the run, the pass, or both?
-
Conner plays two Varsity back-to-back!
I'm with the others on here, you are physically spent the next day after a Friday night game, I couldn't imagine going out and playing another game.
-
NKY 6A 1st round playoff matchups?
To add to that, it has to be non-district teams that you beat correct?
-
Northern Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #8)
7 NCC 5 Bellevue 3 Ryle 2 SK 1 Grant County NCC
-
Boone County 42 Simon Kenton 7
:laugh: It was a long night in Independence Friday and I'm sure the players are angry and wanting to prove something from here on out.
-
Who Is The Best RB In NKY?
Well with the new addition to the poll they should clear the list to get the actual vote totals. What schools is Conner getting looks from?
-
Boone County 42 Simon Kenton 7
Thanks for your resume. Also, the angry parents have been there for many years and they will continue to be for the rest of time. They are angry because their kids aren't getting in. However, as Jeanie said, the coaches are going to do what they think is the best thing for the program. I understand your point on putting in some of the alternates to get some time and experience but it seems like you are suggesting that they go ahead and put the entire Soph. class in the game. That is clearly not the best team that they can put on the field and they are still alive in the playoff race so I don't see why they would. I thought of one more thing. Why would you want to use a timeout at the very end of a 42-7 football game with the JV in? It does nothing for you or your team and even risks getting kids hurt. The game is over, and another score will not make it look any better on the scoreboard. I'm sure your intentions are for the best of the program, but remember so too are those of the coaches who see the kids at practice, in films, and in the weight room every day.
-
Boone County 42 Simon Kenton 7
:thumb::thumb::thumb: He doesn't realize that just because his son's team last year was good as freshman doesn't mean that they are going to dominate at the varsity level. Also, in regards to a previous post, the preseason ranking of SK came from the upperclassmen and the underclassmen that start, not from the potential of a Soph. class that is not going to be the main guys until next year.