Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hensley Rating System 6A Top 15 (2008 Edition #1)

Featured Replies

Ladies and gentlemen, it is once again that time of year for me to break out the Hensley Rating System for Kentucky high school football.

 

The Hensley Rating System is a simple system as it combines the power ratings from the Lexington Herald-Leader's Cantrall Ratings and the Louisville Courier-Journal's Litkenhous Ratings. Once those two are combined, the average is then taken and that average is the number that is used in the HRS.

 

This is something that I have done for that last couple of years for the playoffs and attempted to do last year during the regular season but my school work came in the way of constantly posting it.

 

Some of you may agree with how the standings for each class and the state come out while there will be others that disagree and say that your team should be higher. Please remember that this is just the average of the Lit and Cantrall Ratings.

 

Also, this should NOT be considered an official BGP poll/ranking OR how I think teams should be ranked. This is just something that I like to do in my spare time.

 

So with all of that out of the way, here is the Top 15 Hensley Rating for Class 6A:

 

1. St. Xavier 128.60

2. Trinity (Louisville) 117.35

3. Madison Central 99.85

4. Scott County 95.85

5. Ballard 95.20

6. Boone County 95.10

7. DuPont Manual 93.65

8. Pleasure Ridge Park 92.85

9. Henderson County 92.30

10. Henry Clay 91.95

11. Male 91.35

12. Daviess County 89.20

13. Campbell County 87.75

14. Eastern 85.40

15. Fern Creek 85.15

Wow, I would have guessed an even larger margin between X & T, not that it's not large anyhow.

I'm surprised to see Campbell County in there.

 

Why? About right where I thought they would be.

Why? About right where I thought they would be.

 

Because they are currently 4th in NKY 6A. I know that has nothing to do with it but based on that I would have thought for them to be lower.

Boone County sixth??? They're 6-1; undefeated in the district, and playing for the District championship tonight. Ballard has 3 regional losses and 1 of those were in the district yet they're rated higher than Boone??

Boone County sixth??? They're 6-1; undefeated in the district, and playing for the District championship tonight. Ballard has 3 regional losses and 1 of those were in the district yet they're rated higher than Boone??

 

Two of those losses are legit as they were against X and T so you can write those off. The Manual game I'll probably give you that one but Manual is still a very good team. Ballard has played a much tougher schedule than Boone has.

Also I just checked the scoreboard again but it seems that Ballard and Manual have played twice? How did that happen?

 

They've split the two games Rebel91Dad with Manual. They lost to them earlier in the year and now they avenged that loss just this past week. That may be why they are just ahead. If they had lost again then I would totally agree with you.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.