Everything posted by nkysportslegend
-
9th Region Awards
I would have expected a few more losses, but am not surprised that they have been #1 the whole year up here. It didn't hurt that they got in a few transfers as well as having back one of the best in Henderson. Also, they have had a few other players step up finally being given the chance to play big time minutes. No knock on the coach, just not extremely surprised by this team being the favorite.
-
8th region draw
I think Shelby has the best draw. Putting North Oldham, Gallatin, and Anderson all one one side makes for a lot of good games leading up to the finals. I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset or two either.
-
8th region draw
Wednesday SK vs. South Oldham Shelby vs. Owen Thursday North Oldham vs. Walton Gallatin vs. Anderson Not sure on times.
-
Simon Kenton 65 Walton 50 (32 district finals)
Not likely with some so-called supporters.
-
Simon Kenton vs Walton-Verona 32nd District Finals Predictions
Nor would I, my money is on Shelby to win it, but SK has the ability to win it as well.
-
Simon Kenton vs Walton-Verona 32nd District Finals Predictions
So you are comparing this team to players from all over the country? Well I'd hope you would have seen a lot better players. This is a pretty good team, and could make a run to the sweet 16 but they couldn't match up with certain players selected from teams around the country. I don't understand how your evaluation works though because of the fact that this team is a lot better than WV and yet you say it is a lot closer than any of the games have shown.
-
What Highlands could've been
Under that system I think I would take Kenton for basketball, and either Campbell or the Private school for football, not really sure about baseball.
-
Simon Kenton vs Walton-Verona 32nd District Finals Predictions
Just curious but what schools are you talking about from the summer leagues?
-
Simon Kenton 65 Walton 50 (32 district finals)
The way Sorrell has been playing adds a little light. They will be mediocre next year though. They will probably contend and even win the district but still a very mediocre team.
-
Kenton County Schools put 3 schools into the 3 Regional Tournaments
Its not a small county, the KHSAA just did something stupid when they realigned the regions. I know for a fact that Scott asked to be moved, and the word from some of the higher-ups is that SK had no choice (not sure if that is true or not). They really should all be in the 9th. SK has to drive many many miles to play an out of district regional opponent. To put it in perspective, they aren't even in one of the NKY regions here on BGP's contests.
-
Simon Kenton vs Walton-Verona 32nd District Finals Predictions
Not sure what the answer to my question was. If they beat WV by more than 25 for a third time will you still say they aren't better by 25+?
-
Simon Kenton vs Walton-Verona 32nd District Finals Predictions
Will you still feel this way if they win by more than that for the 3rd time this year?
-
Best Cheer From A Cheering Section
The HC thing last night was pretty clever, a kid dressed like Moses parting the sea (the entire student section).
-
Walton-Verona vs. Simon Kenton (32nd District Finals)
:lol: Oh my bad. I don't know how much building up they need, they had to beat SK once to get there and they did that. If they can have the same kind of performance in this game as they did that game they can do it again.
-
CovCath vs Holmes (35 district finals)
I think Holmes athleticism and defensive pressure will prevail in this one. CCH needs to remain calm and hit shots in order to win, but I think Holmes will be able to pressure them into turnovers and easy buckets.
-
Walton-Verona vs. Simon Kenton (32nd District Finals)
Not valid in this debate at all though. They got the 1 seed from a coin flip and have a better record against a worse schedule, they also have lost some pretty bad games. Not saying that they aren't the favorite, just those reasons are not why.
-
Cov. Scott vs Campbell Co (37 district finals)
I think Campbell will win this one. Why? Because they will score more points. I think they will overmatch the Eagles.
-
Holmes 78 Beechwood 51
What were those, we all decided that they had to be the practice uniforms.
-
Walton-Verona vs. Simon Kenton (32nd District Finals)
He has a tendency to play very selfishly. He gets zoned in on the dribble. That said he also has the ability to score 20 points and can guard at times, he just needs to stay within himself and realize he has teammates.
-
CovCath 61 Holy Cross 51 (35 district)
Not sure how many he ended up with but Sorrell had 15 at the half, Giwa was the only other HC player to score in the first with 9. HC would make a run and cut it to 3 or 4 but CCH would go right back up by 8-10. A pretty good game though. The officiating was awful, and I'm not usually one to say that.
-
8 teams left in the 9th
Really?
-
Simon Kenton vs Walton-Verona 32nd District Finals Predictions
I'd expect nothing else from you. :lol: You would have a lot of explaining to do if you predicted it the way you think it would go.
-
Simon Kenton vs Walton-Verona 32nd District Finals Predictions
Based on what, a 2 point margin of improvement from the first game to the second? Oh, yeah they still lost by 30. I just don't see it happening, sorry.
-
Simon Kenton vs Walton-Verona 32nd District Finals Predictions
So is your prediction more of what you want to happen than actually what you think will happen? Other than the first sentence of the first post everything has been leading to why SK has and will blow WV out. This game will be just like the rest, SK will win by 25 or 30.
-
UHA 85 Hopkinsville 81
That's what I figured. I should have added a :sssh: or a .