Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rules Question - Ejection

Featured Replies

If you get ejected from an JV game and you play both JV and varsity would you have to sit out the next game regardless of whether it was JV or varsity?

 

Assume you are ejected from a Saturday JV game, would you be able to play the following varsity game on Friday and sit the JV game on Saturday? Or could you sit the varsity game on Friday and play the next JV game?

 

Second scenario, you are ejected on a Saturday JV game. The following Friday is a bye for the varsity but there is a JV game the following Saturday. Do you sit the following JV game and then you are reinstated?

Someone can correct me, but I believe that the KHSAA rule is that if you are ejected from a HS sporting event, you are not eligible to participate in "any" games for one week.

 

I believe that you have a vaild question when it comes to a bye week.

I don't know if the rules are real clear on this, but, Raceland had a freshman ejected from a freshman game, he played varsity, JV, and freshman. The next game that he had was a varsity game, he had to sit out the next event, which was a varsity game.

 

I don't know if this is enforced universally, but that is what the official told the coaching staff at Raceland.

They are to serve a one game suspension and they must be reinstated by the by a member of Commission. To answer that question it will be the next game that is played whether it may be a freshmen, JV or varsity game.

Someone can correct me, but I believe that the KHSAA rule is that if you are ejected from a HS sporting event, you are not eligible to participate in "any" games for one week.

 

I believe that you have a valid question when it comes to a bye week.

Here is the Rule....

 

Case BL-11-6- If a coach or player is ejected from a

scrimmage or contest, how long is the suspension?

 

The suspension is in effect for any further interscholastic competition on that day. (i.e., the freshman coach ejected during the

first game may not be in the gym for the subsequent varsity game, baseball/softball coach ejected in first game of multiple game tournament may not be at field during any subsequent games that day) and at minimum, for the next additional contest at that level. The suspension is considered immediate and indefinite at the level of play at which the ejection occurred.

 

Here is the Rule....

 

Case BL-11-6- If a coach or player is ejected from a

scrimmage or contest, how long is the suspension?

 

The suspension is in effect for any further interscholastic competition on that day. (i.e., the freshman coach ejected during the

first game may not be in the gym for the subsequent varsity game, baseball/softball coach ejected in first game of multiple game tournament may not be at field during any subsequent games that day) and at minimum, for the next additional contest at that level. The suspension is considered immediate and indefinite at the level of play at which the ejection occurred.

 

 

I understand that to mean that it is only effective at the level of play in which it occured. So if ejected from a JV game you sit out a JV game. Am I misunderstanding this?

I understand that to mean that it is only effective at the level of play in which it occured. So if ejected from a JV game you sit out a JV game. Am I misunderstanding this?

 

I think that you are misunderstanding it I think it is whatever comes first and you also have to be reinstated.

I understand that to mean that it is only effective at the level of play in which it occurred. So if ejected from a JV game you sit out a JV game. Am I misunderstanding this?
I believe, per Level of play. If ejected, you are done for the day in any and all sports. You then, must sit out the next contest at that Level of play, which in this case is JV. I believe if a Varsity contest ocurrs, prior to a JV he would have to be reinstated, but again not 100% certain.

 

To confirm, contact Julian or Marilyn at the KHSAA.

Someone can correct me, but I believe that the KHSAA rule is that if you are ejected from a HS sporting event, you are not eligible to participate in "any" games for one week.

 

I believe that you have a vaild question when it comes to a bye week.

 

 

No, this is incorrect. A player/coach is out for that day and the next game at that level.

Edited by UKCATSFAN

No, this is incorrect. A player/coach is one for that dayand the next game at that level.

 

You are correct it is at that level. I was wrong earlier.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.