Everything posted by nkysportslegend
-
6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions
That helped too, but combine that with having your safety shadow somebody and you get the outcome of last week's game.
-
New USA Today rankings
More importantly, Simon Kenton was in the USA today.:dancingpa But congrats to T too.
-
6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions
I think Male using this strategy killed them. Having Green wherever Miles was is what enabled Lawrence to have a big day.
-
King of the Bluegrass NKY or Louisville
I'm gone for like 2 hours and I missed almost an entire page of posts. I think overall you have to take NKY.
-
6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions
He definitely wouldn't hurt SK's chances but he isn't very mobile and it sounds like T is going to be able to get some pressure on the QB.
-
6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions
No doubt about it. They have always struggled against passing teams. If they can get pressure on the QB they might be alright, but against T's line that isn't going to be an easy task.
-
6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions
Is he really that much faster than the back from Male? I thought he was supposed to one of if not the fastest in the state. All the other arguments are understandable though.
-
Rank the final 12 teams
I have a bad feeling you'll see why Saturday night. The talks in the game thread are more wishful than logical. I think they have a chance but they are definitely not 1 or 2. Even if they beat T I wouldn't rank them number 1.
-
6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions
Kurt Warner wears gloves on both hands, I think he could have some success. As for what Marksberry said, well I don't know if that was smart or not but hopefully we (SK) can back him up and bring a championship north. I don't see it happening but you never know.
-
6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions
Actually the majority of those posting are not SK parents. Some are former players and some are just fellow Northern Kentuckians and a just a few are parents of the players.
-
Simon Kenton 58 Rockcastle 52 OT
She started the first game even when Tolliver was healthy. I didn't go to this game but I'd say the new starter was probably one of the Figgins twins.
-
Conner 64 Simon Kenton 51
If Walton's guards are hitting shots then they can beat SK. I think SK will get to the regional tournament but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.
-
Conner 64 Simon Kenton 51
I agree in that Grant will be a key player on this team, but even with him this team is going to struggle. They will get better as the year goes, but this might be the first time since leaving the 9th that SK doesn't win the district and might not even get out of the district. I haven't seen the other teams yet but it wouldn't be a shock to me if this happened.
-
6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions
I'll be pulling for SK like always, but I just don't see them coming away from this game with the W. If they play hard and get a few breaks then who knows what can happen, but they better be ready to play the game of their lives. Simon Kenton has not played a team on this level (or even close) since the last time they played T in the playoffs.
-
Simon Kenton Beats 3 #1 seeds and a #2 All On The Road
It is one impressive run.
-
6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions
Soooooo your saying there's a chance.
-
Simon Kenton 28 Male 10
Those are the two teams that made me second guess that claim. Anyway you look at it though, SK is in the state championship.:dancingpa
-
6A: Simon Kenton Pioneers (9-4) at Male Bulldogs (9-4)
Agreed, he is just a big, strong animal.
-
6A: Simon Kenton Pioneers (9-4) at Male Bulldogs (9-4)
There will be a lot of this going on. :dancingpa:dancingpa
-
6A: Simon Kenton Pioneers (9-4) at Male Bulldogs (9-4)
I've felt that way all year. I think the fact that he hasn't gotten frustrated and continued to help the team in whatever way he can shows how much of a true football/team player he is. He had a heck of a block last week too.
-
NKY Football Coaches Association Regional Honors
Hansel made the second team. There are so many good players that you could make cases for that these things will always leave a deserving player off. I did like West being first team QB. Before the season I didn't think there was anyway that he would beat out Guidugli and Kues but after seeing him play I feel he is definitely the right choice.
-
6A: Simon Kenton Pioneers (9-4) at Male Bulldogs (9-4)
I agree that SK has a shot this year. However, there is a huge difference between this matchup and the other two, this team plays Male, the others played state champion Trinity.
-
6A: Simon Kenton Pioneers (9-4) at Male Bulldogs (9-4)
Not that it matters but SK did not beat anyone seeded higher than them until the playoffs, the only district teams they beat were Campbell County and Cooper.
-
Gallatin Co. 57 Simon Kenton 55
They do play basketball, but I don't see them as being big time contributors on the Varsity level this year. Grant Schneider however will play a key role once the football season is over.
-
Simon Kenton 14 Boone County 7
Even when carrying the ball, he is usually the hitter rather than the hittee.