Everything posted by coachwife
-
Gallatin County @ Carroll County 1/11/08
Panthers play tough on home floor. They are ready to win homecoming game. Too close to call. I think it will be close game with either team having the ability to pull it out. It will be a scrappy game though. I expect a very physical game with a lot of fouls. The foul line may be the determining factor.
-
Carroll Co. 52 Henry Co. 51
Great win for the panthers. Very balanced scoring. Emotions were in check and embraced the team concept. Henry looked very flat and didn't really seem to want to be there. This is a huge confidence booster. A district win is always a good win.:dancingpa
-
Front runner in the 8th?
I would have to agree. He is just good. He does the thing that I have always said is the mark of a good coach. He can take a squad of any caliber of players and make a great team. Not that Oldham does not have their share of talent, but stars aren't required for Forrest to put a great team on the floor.
-
Gallatin County 70 Simon Kenton 67
Great win by the Cats!! Thanks for representing the little guy :thumb:
-
Gallatin Co. 83 Trimble Co. 64
What holiday tourneys is Gallatin playing in this year? I know they had a great trip last year that gave them a huge boost of momentum.
-
Gallatin Co. vs. Trimble Co. Predictions
Trimble is pretty scrappy. I think Gallatin will win, but not by 25+.
-
Gallatin Co. vs Carroll Co. predictions
Let's go ahead and get this started...... I will say what I have been saying all along about the panthers...come out hard and agressive in the 1st and 3rd quarters and momentum will carry you. I want to pick the panthers...but it depends which team shows up. They have the ability to win, they just need to realize it.
-
Henry Co 68 Carroll Co 57
These boys need to put 4 whole quarters together. They only scored 6 points in the 1st quarter. If you can play with the intensity and determination you did in the 4th in 3 more quarters, you would be much better. I know that we are young, but all the juniors and some of the sophomores saw a lot of playing time last year and starting time last year. You have to run your offense with precision and realize you are strong and can handle under the boards. Set screens, communicate and use the glass and square. That is why it is there. There are no sportscenter highlights in high school basketball.
-
Carroll Co. vs Owen Co. predictions
With explosive 1st and 3rd quarters, panthers will win in close game...3 points difference. Entire bench must be used to shut down the inside game.
-
Trimble Co 66 Carroll 54
You got it....positivity from here on in. Boys have tons of potential. Come out swinging against Owen and utilize your entire bench and you should have no problems.
-
Trimble Co 66 Carroll 54
This is a great post. I know my honesty is viewed a negativity and I understand that. Thank you for taking my views and turning them into a positive. In the long run, that is what I hope to accomplish. We are only two games into the season. Basketball is a long season and there is plenty of time to gel together and play as one unit. I do think that Miller has great insight into the game; the kids need to trust that and realize there is still a lot to learn.
-
Trimble Co 66 Carroll 54
Players yelling back at the coaches from the floor and walking off of the floor. Most everyone is pointing the finger at someone else and not taking the responsiblity for their actions. If you get a foul, just take it. Stop making excuses. Realize that you are there to win for a team and not yourself. That's just what I saw....only opinions, I guess. I don't think that Miller has the respect of the boys where they believe he can lead them to victory.
-
Trimble Co 66 Carroll 54
I hope the offensive showing that the Panthers put up against Williamstown will show up next Thursday against Owen. It's awfully hard to win a game scoring 10 points in the 1st quarter. Those boys were sucking wind in the 2nd half, don't think the bench was utilized enough. It appears there is some internal conflict within the Panthers that needs to be resolved before next week. They don't really seem to be embracing the team concept at this point.
-
Scott County 82 Gallatin County 36
You have to give Gallatin credit. You do not get better as a team if you continue to play the 4 or 5 surrounding county schools. Scheduling might have made it even more of a challenge, being that close to the end of football season and Maddox's injury. But I think it was a great step to increase our level of competition around this area.
-
2007/2008 Carroll Co
I would have to agree. Way too much unnecessary dribbling and nobody interested in stepping up as a leader. It's like the boys are out there waiting for someone else to do it for them. They need to look within to find that leadership and bond together as a team. A true PG would assist in that process.
-
Frankfort 57 Trimble Co. 16 (1A)
Congratulations Trimble on a great season!! We will be cheering for the Frankfort Panthers!!
-
2007/2008 Carroll Co
Thank you Lunatic! Sorry about that guys!!! Everybody starts practice today. Saturday's scrimmage should be interesting. Everyone will be rusty and it is against CAL. The first game is the 27th, so they will have some time to work on things after the scrimmage.
-
2007/2008 Carroll Co
Keith Welch Casey Cable Kory Brocious Mitchell Winburn DC Craig Kenny Welch Colby Dawn Cody Boles I think I got them all...sorry if I missed anyone.
-
Carroll County @ CAL
Whatever the coaches did last week in practice obviously worked. Stay with that plan!! If the panthers play as they did on Friday, they will win in a close game: 14-7 Carroll. The boys need to come ready to play. They need to build from the momentum, not try to ride it through. CAL soundly beat Pendleton. They need to remember that. CAL has something to prove as well with what they are going through. This is by no means going to be a stroll through the park for either team.
-
Carroll Co. 13 Dayton 7
The left it all on the field. It was an amazing game and I am glad that Carroll gave it their absolute all.
-
Dayton Vs Carroll
It is Carroll's Senior Night. I hope these guys can come together and make this happen one last night at home. Dayton will be a tough tough opponent. I make no prediction, but hope boys come to play and leave it all on the field one last time. This is their last shot at home to prove something.
-
KCD 32 Carroll Co 7
I think that is a great idea. This is very similar to what we are doing in basketball too and that seems to be working well on the lower levels.
-
KCD 32 Carroll Co 7
I agree that the yellow jackets team is a great feeder program for 6th grade and below. But I think the sr team hurts the varsity program in the long run. It creates a division between the kids and, from what I can see, there is a lot of animosity even between the two teams, the sr yellow jackets team and the middle school team. I believe in 7th grade you need to come together in a school sanctioned program that gets the kids used to the grade requirements and playing as a team. They begin to play the competition that they will play for a majority of their jv and varsity career. Also, this program needs the involvement of the varsity coaches. By this I mean, they need to make sure the lower level coaches are effectively coaching the kids in the manner in which they will be coached on the high school level. I think the middle school team should only be for 7th/8th graders, with the exception of a breakout 6th grader. This sr yellow jackets team has been a very political controversial topic that no one seems to want to address, but I think it has cause our programs to get worse and worse. Not that those kids don't receive good coaching on the yellow jackets team. In all honesty, it is a better team, but the school team already is receiving the programming to lose. They lost a majority of their games by 20 points or more without much of an offensive showing. This year's seniors was the 1st or 2nd year that the sr yellow jackets team was in place. From the results that we are having, I don't believe this system is working. Not that there aren't other factors, but when you need to re-build the way Carroll needs to, you need to look at everything.
-
KCD 32 Carroll Co 7
No line, no offense, no defense. That about sums it up. The coaching staff, as a whole, needs to get on the same page. In the out of season (because they don't need an off season) they need to go back to the basics. These kids don't seem to know how to play sound fundamental football. It seems we only have 2-5 plays in the offensive playbook and they are extremely easy to defend. This needs to happen from peewee on up. The middle school teams need to consolidate into one team and not have a school team and a yellow jackets team. The varsity coach needs to oversee all of these teams. The peewee kids need to be learning the foundation to what they will be doing in high school. The coaching staff needs to take a good hard look at what a disservice they have done to these boys this year. We need to take a look at successful programs and see what they are doing that we aren't. When I was in school, my sophomore year we did not win a game and in my senior year, we only lost one. It is possible to turn this around and quickly, but it will take work and dedication. These boys need to want it, badly!!
-
DeSales 35 Carrol Co 14
Just too much for the Panthers. I think the kids were intimidated and just were overpowered. Looked really flat in the 1st half. Showed signs of improvement in the 2nd have but too little too late.