Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trimble Co 66 Carroll 54

Featured Replies

^ I was there. Wish I could have met you also. The Panthers need to slow down and not play so out of control. Way too many turnovers. Congrats to TC on the win.

  • Author
^ I was there. Wish I could have met you also. The Panthers need to slow down and not play so out of control. Way too many turnovers. Congrats to TC on the win.

 

Next time, at your place, we will have to meet. Or are you coming back for the girls game tomorrow night?

  • Author

Scoring for the Raiders

 

Courtney 16

Sullivan 15

Curtis 12

Law 11

Turner 4

Kidwell 4

Ward 2

Moore 3

Next time, at your place, we will have to meet. Or are you coming back for the girls game tomorrow night?

 

Not sure yet. Probably not, but if I do I will PM you. My daughter is a cheerleader and if they don't make the trip I usually don't travel. I do not believe they are coming.

Congrats to Coach Lauster and the Raiders on the win.

Congrats to the Raiders. They played a nice game and forced the Panthers out of their game plan.

 

See you tonight TB&G

I hope the offensive showing that the Panthers put up against Williamstown will show up next Thursday against Owen. It's awfully hard to win a game scoring 10 points in the 1st quarter.

 

Those boys were sucking wind in the 2nd half, don't think the bench was utilized enough. It appears there is some internal conflict within the Panthers that needs to be resolved before next week. They don't really seem to be embracing the team concept at this point.

I hope the offensive showing that the Panthers put up against Williamstown will show up next Thursday against Owen. It's awfully hard to win a game scoring 10 points in the 1st quarter.

 

Those boys were sucking wind in the 2nd half, don't think the bench was utilized enough. It appears there is some internal conflict within the Panthers that needs to be resolved before next week. They don't really seem to be embracing the team concept at this point.

 

I agree on the offensive output. We forced too many shots last night, didnt do a good job of getting the ball inside. Against Willaimstown ball movement was outstanding creating better shot selection. I have to ask what is the internal conflict.

Players yelling back at the coaches from the floor and walking off of the floor. Most everyone is pointing the finger at someone else and not taking the responsiblity for their actions. If you get a foul, just take it. Stop making excuses. Realize that you are there to win for a team and not yourself. That's just what I saw....only opinions, I guess. I don't think that Miller has the respect of the boys where they believe he can lead them to victory.

Welcome to the site katfandew

The kids being a tight group is nothing new at CC. Having good athletes has not been the problem. Haven't had a problem with coaching, just look at the girls team and you will see what I mean. The student body is one of the most faithful cheering sections (even if they do get a little out of hand at times) you will find. Yet there is a problem, a deep rooted one, been there for several years. I thought Coach Miller would get rid of it but it hasn't happened.

I know the players read BGP so I would like to make a challenge to them. Guys you see what is being said here so you have a couple of choices to make. You can either get offended by it an make excuses and play selfishly, be negative and continue to lose games that you should win. Your second choice is this. You can say to yourselves maybe some of this stuff they are saying is true. Guys look at teams that are winners you dont see emotional outbursts on the field or the court. It is yes sir or no sir to eveything. You respect your coach and your teammates regardless of whether your winning or losing. They dont yell at their coach or other players nor do they hang their head when they make a mistake. You must turn every negative into a positive. If you make a mistake get focused and leave it behind you and do something to make up for it. Look at championship teams they NEVER worry about individual accomplishments, they always praise their coach and teammates first. I can say this you have a coach that truly loves you and the game, and if they players can share that same love for each other as well as the game you will be successful. Maybe not on the scoreboard early this year but the majority of you are Sophomores and JRS and have 2 whole years together. Think really hard about where you are now. Are you doing the things today that will allow you to ever make the trip to Richmond or Lexington not to watch but to play.

This score really suprised me. After watching Carroll against Williamstown, I thought Carroll would not have a problem with Trimble. That only thing Carroll can do is re-focus and get ready for Owen Co. I am confident that Carroll can bounce back from this loss and get a W come Thursday night.

I know the players read BGP so I would like to make a challenge to them. Guys you see what is being said here so you have a couple of choices to make. You can either get offended by it an make excuses and play selfishly, be negative and continue to lose games that you should win. Your second choice is this. You can say to yourselves maybe some of this stuff they are saying is true. Guys look at teams that are winners you dont see emotional outbursts on the field or the court. It is yes sir or no sir to eveything. You respect your coach and your teammates regardless of whether your winning or losing. They dont yell at their coach or other players nor do they hang their head when they make a mistake. You must turn every negative into a positive. If you make a mistake get focused and leave it behind you and do something to make up for it. Look at championship teams they NEVER worry about individual accomplishments, they always praise their coach and teammates first. I can say this you have a coach that truly loves you and the game, and if they players can share that same love for each other as well as the game you will be successful. Maybe not on the scoreboard early this year but the majority of you are Sophomores and JRS and have 2 whole years together. Think really hard about where you are now. Are you doing the things today that will allow you to ever make the trip to Richmond or Lexington not to watch but to play.

 

This is a great post. I know my honesty is viewed a negativity and I understand that. Thank you for taking my views and turning them into a positive. In the long run, that is what I hope to accomplish. We are only two games into the season. Basketball is a long season and there is plenty of time to gel together and play as one unit. I do think that Miller has great insight into the game; the kids need to trust that and realize there is still a lot to learn.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.