Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Front runner in the 8th?

Featured Replies

In my opinion Oldham Co. has to be the favorite to win it again. Forrest is a genius win it comes tourney time and after watching them a couple of times, I feel they will be ready in March. I know you are going to say Shelby beat them but that's how OC does it, they lure you into their type of game and bring home the gold at the end of the night. Your thoughts?

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that Oldham will be right there in the thick of it... But I think Anderson County and Gallatin County will have something to say about it also. You can't dismiss Simon Kenton niether, even though Anderson County and Gallatin have beaten them already. The season is still young, and these 4 teams are going to get better as the season progresses.

 

My pick, of course I am going with Gallatin.:D

Don't count out our boys from GALLATIN COUNTY!!!!:banana:

In my opinion Oldham Co. has to be the favorite to win it again. Forrest is a genius win it comes tourney time and after watching them a couple of times, I feel they will be ready in March. I know you are going to say Shelby beat them but that's how OC does it, they lure you into their type of game and bring home the gold at the end of the night. Your thoughts?
I agree. Coach Forrest is the class of the 8th Region as far as coaches are concerned. I look for Oldham to repeat as 8th Region Champs again. They have the best guard in the region in Dunlap. I hear many D-1 schools are interested in Dunlap and Payne.
I agree. Coach Forrest is the class of the 8th Region as far as coaches are concerned. I look for Oldham to repeat as 8th Region Champs again. They have the best guard in the region in Dunlap. I hear many D-1 schools are interested in Dunlap and Payne.

Care to name any of them that you have heard about?

Until OC gets knocked off they are the favorites. Some how every year they lose to this team or that team get to the region and find a way to win. If I'm not mistaken didn't SK beat them in the regular season last year only to lose in the finals. Also in that same regional tournament a game WV team playing without their best player gave them all they wanted. In the end Forrest almost seems to will his teams to the win when it really counts.

  • Author

I have been around along time--hence my name-- and can honestly say I have never seen anybody as good as Forrest.

IMO: the 5 teams that could win the 8th region in no particular order are:

 

Oldham Co

Gallatin Co

Shelby Co

Simon Kenton

Anderson Co

I have been around along time--hence my name-- and can honestly say I have never seen anybody as good as Forrest.

 

theoldcoach is right he is the best I've seen. Wonder why he never tried the next level. He is a master motivator and there is no one better with the X & O's, seems like a logical step.

Don't dismiss the other deans of the 8th Region, Glen Drury and Jon Jones. However, Forrest is a sly old fox who has been around a lomg time. His teams are always a threat in March.

I have been around along time--hence my name-- and can honestly say I have never seen anybody as good as Forrest.

 

I would have to agree. He is just good. He does the thing that I have always said is the mark of a good coach. He can take a squad of any caliber of players and make a great team. Not that Oldham does not have their share of talent, but stars aren't required for Forrest to put a great team on the floor.

I like Anderson to take it this year. Penny is a stud.

I would have to agree. He is just good. He does the thing that I have always said is the mark of a good coach. He can take a squad of any caliber of players and make a great team. Not that Oldham does not have their share of talent, but stars aren't required for Forrest to put a great team on the floor.

Sounds like the rest of the teams should just fold up camp since Oldham is gonna win the 8th.... NOT!

Oldham will have to fix two issues: They have a hard time putting points on the scoreboard and they don't have much of a bench to pull from. Dunlap is good and Payne is good for the high school level but neither are D1 material. Oldham has a bad loss to Danville and Shelby just beat them in a game that, if not for poor free throw shooting, would have been a blow out. I also think the "coaching advantage" always given to Forrest can be thrown out this year. I watched Shelby play both Oldham and South Oldham and right now they are the best coached team I have seen in the 8th. They share the ball, play unselfish, rebound extremely well, defend relentlessly and are not afraid to get on the floor and dive for loose balls etc... Shelby is 7-0 with an early season schedule that none of these other teams can come close to matching. Right now I would have to say Shelby is the frontrunner. The Anderson - Shelby game coming up should be a good one.

Oldham will have to fix two issues: They have a hard time putting points on the scoreboard and they don't have much of a bench to pull from. Dunlap is good and Payne is good for the high school level but neither are D1 material. Oldham has a bad loss to Danville and Shelby just beat them in a game that, if not for poor free throw shooting, would have been a blow out. I also think the "coaching advantage" always given to Forrest can be thrown out this year. I watched Shelby play both Oldham and South Oldham and right now they are the best coached team I have seen in the 8th. They share the ball, play unselfish, rebound extremely well, defend relentlessly and are not afraid to get on the floor and dive for loose balls etc... Shelby is 7-0 with an early season schedule that none of these other teams can come close to matching. Right now I would have to say Shelby is the frontrunner. The Anderson - Shelby game coming up should be a good one.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.