Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Front runner in the 8th?

Featured Replies

IMO: the 5 teams that could win the 8th region in no particular order are:

 

Oldham Co

Gallatin Co

Shelby Co

Simon Kenton

Anderson Co

 

Agreed! I think Walton is a sleeper in the Region. I think if they (Walton) catches fire from 3 land, they can beat any of these teams. Remember, last year, Walton only lost by 5 to Oldham! Watch out for WV.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldham Co. or Anderson Co. have it. The 8th will be decided between these two teams. They are both coached very well and have tremendous athletes. One of these two teams will take home the 8th region title.

Agreed! I think Walton is a sleeper in the Region. I think if they (Walton) catches fire from 3 land, they can beat any of these teams. Remember, last year, Walton only lost by 5 to Oldham! Watch out for WV.

 

Can they sustain hitting the 3 for 3 straight games? Not questioning wether or not they can beat anybody in a one game situation just if they can sustain it for 3 whole games. That would be tough to do.

Oldham does not have tremendous athletes. They have Dunlap and Payne and after that it falls off considerably. If you were to look at Anderson, Oldham and Shelby, Oldham would have the least athletic ability of the three. Shelby has the most athletic team, followed by Anderson and then Oldham.

I think there could be around 5 teams that could win the region, but until Oldham gets beat they would have to be my favorite. You could also see Gallatin, Simon Kenton, Anderson, or Shelby win it. It should be a lot of fun in March!!

It has been a long time since someone unexpected won the eighth region. This could be the year. The top teams don't seem to be as strong as previous years. It appears there are 5 teams that most have singled out as favorites and I agree with those five. I am predicting there will be some very unexpected upsets this year. I don't want to speculate who they may be. I just think the stage is set for this to occur.

Shelby has tremendous talent and seems to bplaying the best right now. They have struggled somewhat in March.

Oldham plays slow ball and relies on strong defense to win games. Forrest has a habit of padding his schedule with "A" schools. It does seem to work for them.

Anderson is due for a regional title. Glen Drury has been around in the 8th region as long as anyone.

It will come down to these 3 as it does most years.

It has been a long time since someone unexpected won the eighth region. This could be the year. The top teams don't seem to be as strong as previous years. It appears there are 5 teams that most have singled out as favorites and I agree with those five. I am predicting there will be some very unexpected upsets this year. I don't want to speculate who they may be. I just think the stage is set for this to occur.

 

It wasn't that long ago that Bullitt East beat Scott Co. in a pretty big upset to advanced to the state tournament.

It has been a long time since someone unexpected won the eighth region. This could be the year. The top teams don't seem to be as strong as previous years. It appears there are 5 teams that most have singled out as favorites and I agree with those five. I am predicting there will be some very unexpected upsets this year. I don't want to speculate who they may be. I just think the stage is set for this to occur.

 

 

If you consider 10 months a long time, then I guess you're right. Simon Kenton was expected to win the region last year.

If you consider 10 months a long time, then I guess you're right. Simon Kenton was expected to win the region last year.

 

I don't really think SK was expected to win by everyone. They definitely were not the "hands down" favorite IMO. ;)

 

Front runners this year,

 

Oldham (great coaching)

Shelby (athletes)

Anderson (Penny)

Simon was the hand down favorite last year then maybe shelby who lost in the first round. I do agree with Oldham as the favorite this year then I would say Anderson.

Shelby has tremendous talent and seems to bplaying the best right now. They have struggled somewhat in March.

Oldham plays slow ball and relies on strong defense to win games. Forrest has a habit of padding his schedule with "A" schools. It does seem to work for them.

Anderson is due for a regional title. Glen Drury has been around in the 8th region as long as anyone.

It will come down to these 3 as it does most years.

 

Mr. A once again your forgeting Coach Jon Jones and the boys from GC.

Mr. A once again your forgeting Coach Jon Jones and the boys from GC.

 

Shelby County is the top team in the region and they have the top player in Minnis.

Shelby County is the top team in the region and they have the top player in Minnis.

 

Have you seen Penny from Anderson? The best in my opinion from what I've seen.

Have you seen Penny from Anderson? The best in my opinion from what I've seen.

 

Yes. Have you seen Minnis of Shelby County. He went nuts on Eastern High. He also set it off the other night with 28 or 30. Penny is a 6-4 power forward that must score in close. Minnis can get it done in a variety of ways.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.