Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Son of Bear

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Son of Bear

  1. ^So if Euton or Zollo transferred to a bottom feeder in the 10th or 11th region then the KHSAA would be fine with it and let them play? It seems Scott Co. or GRC are being penalized because of their recent success if that is your stance...
  2. :thumb: I agree. I wonder if Euton had enrolled at say GRC, Madison Central, Franklin County, Lafayette, or Dunbar if he would be eligble? Given Scott Counties past history with transfers and the outspoken comments, what else could be the reason?
  3. From what Ram posted in the other thread, it seems Bylaw 6, Section 1a would fit this situation, I'm guessing this isn't a bona fide residence change for Euton, but is for Jackson? Makes no sense to me...
  4. :eek: You would have thought the roles would have been reversed...
  5. East No Dustin May Aaron Boyd Nathan Dutton 47
  6. ^Phares, Euton, Jackson, Guyn, and Manning?
  7. So I guess they didn't hire the booster president as the head coach...:sssh:
  8. A funny read on this hire :rolleyes::rolleyes: “We are going to do a few things different, but we are going to keep doing a lot of the things that got us to where we are now,” Cooksey said. “We are going to play good defense. We are going to rebound the basketball and we are probably going to push the ball up and down the floor a little bit more. But, other than that you are going to see pretty much what you’ve seen the past few years.”
  9. I also want to add that I know absolutely nothing about the new coach, other than that he was an assistant, I'm not trying to discredit him......but if they let Coach G go based on performance, why in the hell would they promote an "underachieving" assistant? I could fathom it if they were bringing in Greg Todd, but this hire? It SCREAMS conflict of interest...
  10. I've known Mrs. Lakes and her husband very well for many years and always had a good relationship with both, but this whole situation is very shady...
  11. I have confirmed what nWo posted earlier, the position is filled. What a joke...
  12. Wow they are really making an upgrade
  13. After what the administration did to Coach G, I don't know why anyone would want it....tick off a few parents and you get a pink slip...
  14. Feldhaus was more or less blowing smoke about leaving. He did it to take up for a fellow coach, a coach that he wanted his daughter to play for in the near future. I could only see him leaving for one job, and that doesn't appear likely anytime soon....and yes Madison Central's football, boys baskeball, and girls basketball coaches are all some of the highest paid in the state....
  15. There are a few current assistants that I'm sure will get a hard look, if they desire to throw their name in for the head coaching job with one being a clear frontrunner IMO. There is another assistant that I will not comment on though. :jump:
  16. David Hensley stepping down Dunbar should be on of the top two teams in Lexington 6A next year, along with Henry Clay.
  17. I think there is a Title IX issue that is holding it up as well, although I can't confirm that 100%.
  18. Richmond Register Article Guy Gandolfo had a winning record in his 3 years as the Lady Indians head coach in the toughest region in the state. He was region runner-up COY and his teams are young, and only going to improve...it is remarkable with what he did with so little talent. He is a super guy off the court as well....I'm sure nWo or The Golfer would second this. He has had to deal with more crap from parents than any coach should have to during his time as HC.....the principal, superintendent, and AD are to blame for the firing....it is a flat out shame that they would not back one of their own peers when dealing with ignorant parents. The Indian sports program as a whole is turning into a joke thanks to Gina Lakes and Gary Fritz. :sssh:
  19. Madison Central's 1982 team finished the season undefeated as state champs and I think so type of mythical national champs. The team was better than 40-0 although I do not the exact record....
  20. Depending on the strength of teams in your part of the state, this whole argument is subjective. Personally, I enjoy the football season more as a whole, but the Sweet Sixteen is far and away the best KHSAA event of the year...
  21. Sphire is a head coach now in the Atlanta metro area. Bill Letton is Catholic's head coach and I think they dominate a relatively weak 4A the next few years.
  22. ^Hopson was maybe the 4th most impressive player in the Sweet 16 behind seniors Miller, Henderson, and Slone. Raw potential doesn't equal best high school senior...
  23. :thumb: I think the nasty loss to Ballard that year can be atributed to the war they had with Paducah Tilghman in the semi's on Saturday morning...
  24. FWIW, Setty wasn't much of a factor against Holmes...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.