Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Son of Bear

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Son of Bear

  1. The reciever from Danville, Leonard Macon, has to be the most overrated player in the state. Aaron Boyd is the best I've seen all year....
  2. From looking at those stats, I can see that Clark County is 5th in 6A in rushing and is in the top 15 in pass defense. Those stats don't jump out...they can't throw the ball and they have faced one or two passing teams. Don't get me wrong, they are better than the record indicates, but they are not a top 15 6A team....
  3. Madison Central has historically struggled playing AT Dunbar. I look for a very close game....
  4. ^If my math is correct, it doesn't look possible for there to a rematch of Scott County and Madison Central until the 2nd round. Interesting....
  5. The district standings currently look like this: Scott County 2-0 (wins over Shelby County and Madison Central) Madison Central 1-1 (win over GRC, loss to Scott County) GRC 1-1 (win over Shelby County, loss to Madison Central) Shelby County 0-2 (losses to Scott County and GRC) Scott County and GRC are yet to play, Madison Central travels to Shelby County on October 19th. With the current standings, if MC beats Shelby and Scott County beats GRC, the playoff seedings look like this: 1) Scott County 2) Madison Central 3) GRC 4) Shelby County If MC beats Shelby, and GRC beats Scott County: 1) Madison Central 2) GRC 3) Scott County 4) Shelby County If Shelby beats MC, and GRC beats Scott County: 1) GRC 2) Scott County 3) Shelby 4) Madison Central If Shelby beat MC, and Scott County beats GRC: 1) Scott County 2-4) due to MC, Shelby, and GRC finishing with 1-2 district records, a 3-way tiebreaker would be engaged and either MC or Shelby would get the 2 and 3, with GRC getting the 4.
  6. MC came out really flat...maybe it was the off week or I don't know if not having school today caused that, but that is no excuse. The crowd was horrible tonight as well due to fall break for the county and EKU as well. Scott County blocked two punts and controlled field position all night. The game was 17-7 in the 3rd with MC driving, but turnovers and not converting on 4th down killed a bunch of drives(I don't know a specific number). Scott County stacked the box and blew up the interior of Central's line, which are all inexperienced. Keyshawn Simpson and Ricky Rhodes had some good runs, but were both contained tonight overall. Scott County is the most physical team I have seen all year. They are not that big, not flashy, but they bring the wood. They beat the Indians up tonight plain and simple.
  7. Gold Sunrise and the rest of the Clark County bunch: Tell us about Shelby County.....I know they have a really good QB, but what about thier lineman, running game, defense, etc.?
  8. What's the low down on Shelby County? They take a top 5 6A team to the wire and lose to a winless team?
  9. ....also known as the guy who spends 7 hours a day on here.
  10. No, this is not a basketball thread. Big district game between two of the top non-Louisville 6A teams in the state. Recent history: 1997: MC knocked Scott out of the playoffs in the 1st round 1999: MC beat the Cards in the Recreation Bowl 2004: Scott County beat the Indians in the regional championship 2005: Scott County knocked the Indians out of the 1st round These two are new district foes, but have been big rivals in all sports for a few years now. I say the winner of this game gets the #1 seed in the playoffs, what say you? Can a mod add a poll? Thanks.
  11. Boyle County by 50.....at halftime.
  12. GRC needs to slow this game down....they don't want to get into a shootout with Matthews.......I don't think GRC can score enough to keep up with the Rockets....
  13. If Henry Clay is the best team in 6A outside of Trinity, St. X, and maybe Manual......then NO ONE has a shot against those teams come playoff time. Maybe HC was flat playing a winless team, or coming off of win against a big rival, but GRC would have won this game with a better passing game.
  14. GRC falls to 0-6 but had their chances in this one. Aaron Boyd is unstoppable when he goes 100%. I was really surprised that Henry Clay only dresses about 45 players...
  15. Normally, it is two lesser teams playing, which I don't mind missing....the game tonight is unusual....I doubt those who scheduled it thought South Florida would be ranked so high.
  16. If coaches are looking at threads on BGP on how to beat their opponents, they are wasting their time....
  17. I agree with strongopenyon, I don't have a bias towards either.......but I want to see a gameplan and execution to beat the Rocks. For anyone in 6A to have a prayer at beating T this year, I think X needs to have a good showing for others to have a glimpse of hope.
  18. ^Out of a million formations too.:thumb:
  19. ^I wouldn't call fullback dive out of a million formations "video game style". Dunbar has a tough stretch of games coming up, good to see Coach Hensley get the W.
  20. We are off next week. Then we host Scott County, go to Dunbar, go to Shelby County, host Highlands, and go to Boone County. We just finished up the soft part of our schedule 5-0, the next five games will be much tougher....
  21. ^The phone incident happened at halftime, but GRC was huddled near the track at Madison Central, as opposed to going into the visiting locker room and thus leaving themselves open to distractions. MC provides visiting teams with adequate facilities and some choose not to use them. I was simply trying to make the point that the Cards are only a few plays away from having a good record, and that distractions like this can only hurt the teams chances....
  22. I thought Warren Central was the cream of the crop in WKY 6A? Someone out west care to elaborate?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.