Scott County 27 Madison Central 7

MC came out really flat...maybe it was the off week or I don't know if not having school today caused that, but that is no excuse. The crowd was horrible tonight as well due to fall break for the county and EKU as well.

Scott County blocked two punts and controlled field position all night. The game was 17-7 in the 3rd with MC driving, but turnovers and not converting on 4th down killed a bunch of drives(I don't know a specific number). Scott County stacked the box and blew up the interior of Central's line, which are all inexperienced. Keyshawn Simpson and Ricky Rhodes had some good runs, but were both contained tonight overall.

Scott County is the most physical team I have seen all year. They are not that big, not flashy, but they bring the wood. They beat the Indians up tonight plain and simple.

MC came out really flat...maybe it was the off week or I don't know if not having school today caused that, but that is no excuse. The crowd was horrible tonight as well due to fall break for the county and EKU as well.

Scott County blocked two punts and controlled field position all night. The game was 17-7 in the 3rd with MC driving, but turnovers and not converting on 4th down killed a bunch of drives(I don't know a specific number). Scott County stacked the box and blew up the interior of Central's line, which are all inexperienced. Keyshawn Simpson and Ricky Rhodes had some good runs, but were both contained tonight overall.

Scott County is the most physical team I have seen all year. They are not that big, not flashy, but they bring the wood. They beat the Indians up tonight plain and simple.

Thanks for the info. Looks like we have a new leader in our district now...Scott Co. I really thought MC would win our district.

:eek: Shocked at this one. Huge district win for Scott Co.

Son of Bear What happened to MC tonight?

Dont know why your shocked Scott Co. is a very good football team and has beat Centrall the past 3 times they have played

The district standings currently look like this:

Scott County 2-0 (wins over Shelby County and Madison Central)

Madison Central 1-1 (win over GRC, loss to Scott County)

GRC 1-1 (win over Shelby County, loss to Madison Central)

Shelby County 0-2 (losses to Scott County and GRC)

Scott County and GRC are yet to play, Madison Central travels to Shelby County on October 19th.

With the current standings, if MC beats Shelby and Scott County beats GRC, the playoff seedings look like this:

1) Scott County

2) Madison Central

3) GRC

4) Shelby County

If MC beats Shelby, and GRC beats Scott County:

1) Madison Central

2) GRC

3) Scott County

4) Shelby County

If Shelby beats MC, and GRC beats Scott County:

1) GRC

2) Scott County

3) Shelby

4) Madison Central

If Shelby beat MC, and Scott County beats GRC:

1) Scott County

2-4) due to MC, Shelby, and GRC finishing with 1-2 district records, a 3-way tiebreaker would be engaged and either MC or Shelby would get the 2 and 3, with GRC getting the 4.

The district standings currently look like this:

Scott County 2-0 (wins over Shelby County and Madison Central)

Madison Central 1-1 (win over GRC, loss to Scott County)

GRC 1-1 (win over Shelby County, loss to Madison Central)

Shelby County 0-2 (losses to Scott County and GRC)

Scott County and GRC are yet to play, Madison Central travels to Shelby County on October 19th.

With the current standings, if MC beats Shelby and Scott County beats GRC, the playoff seedings look like this:

1) Scott County

2) Madison Central

3) GRC

4) Shelby County

If MC beats Shelby, and GRC beats Scott County:

1) Madison Central

2) GRC

3) Scott County

4) Shelby County

If Shelby beats MC, and GRC beats Scott County:

1) GRC

2) Scott County

3) Shelby

4) Madison Central

If Shelby beat MC, and Scott County beats GRC:

1) Scott County

2-4) due to MC, Shelby, and GRC finishing with 1-2 district records, a 3-way tiebreaker would be engaged and either MC or Shelby would get the 2 and 3, with GRC getting the 4.

Thanks for the great breakdown on the district. It leads to some interesting situations for each weekend.